“Best dinner in town - never fails to please” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fork & Love
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Fork & Love Restaurant is managed by Chef Aaron Haas. Chef Haas has a passion for the farm-to-table approach, using whole ingredients to offer rustic cooking with a twist. Now the love for the mountains has brought Chef Haas back to Groveland and you'll be able to find his fresh and satisfying creations at the newly named Fork & Love at Hotel Charlotte. "Bon Appetit" Chef/Owner Aaron Haas
Grovleand, Ca
“Best dinner in town - never fails to please”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

From the Sun Dried tomato and artichoke soup to the final bite, our dinner was wonderful. Victor's new menu item of filet mignon tails was just perfect - tender cuts accompanied by a mushroom sauce. Another fine meal, as always.

North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2009

When I first walked into this "historic" cafe it looked like the kind of slightly chaotically decorated period piece one frequently finds in tourist towns. The service was competent and cheerful. But the big surprise was how competently the meal was prepared. The meat dish were just shy of outstanding. The vegetarian dish was not quite as good, but still well executed. A great choice in a small town with only a couple of restaurants.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“nothing special, but I can't complain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

My wife and I ate here our first night in Groveland. Service was fine, but nothing special. The menu is fairly small and offers the usuals. Meat and potatoes, pasta, and fish. I had the Greek pasta which had no meat. It was tasty, but nothing mind blowing. My wife had the pasta marinara and was able to substitute chicken for the meatballs. She said it was an average pasta dish and nothing special. The convenience factor kicked in here though because this restaurant was in the hotel we were staying in.

manchester england
“An Bad Day at the Office”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

I must have chosen a bad day to go to the recommended restaurant as it turned out to be the worst of the 14 nights out that we ate out on our holiday. What particularly annoyed me from the moment we sat down was the irritating lady who insisted on offering us the wine promotion. I couldn't get a word in to tell her that we didn't like wine, as she persisted with the blurb. Eventually she shooed off to another table and prattled on there.

When we got to view the menu we say that as non meat eaters we were going to struggle. I eventually chose salmon, not on menu but as a special. Now wait for this - $19.95 for overdone dried salmon with unimaginative boring vegetables was an insult. The salmon looked like it had been around for days!!

It was an awful experience and one which i hope never to repeat. My advice - stay away!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ca
“Wonderful staff – great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

After extremely rude service and average food at the Groveland Hotel we went to the Cafe Charlotte for a drink. Everyone there is so friendly and fun that we decided to stop on the way home a few days later and have dinner. The dinner experience was wonderful. The food is great and so is the ambience, we felt like locals thanks to the great staff. My delicious scallops were huge; make sure you go there hungry.

Lynn, I hope Goose wins the Mayoral Race.

Been to Fork & Love? Share your experiences!