“"Best Ever"”

Charlotte Bistro & Bar
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Owners Doug & Jenn Edwards run the Charlotte Bistro & Bar, located in the historic Hotel Charlotte located just outside of Yosemite National Park. At the Charlotte Bistro our approach to food is simple, we cook what we like to eat. Our philosophy is to create cuisine originating from the finest ingredients we can get a hold of. We believe that supporting farmers who are directly connected to the land near our restaurant allows us to create food that not only excites your tastes buds, but connects you to our beautiful surroundings and supports the local community. Bon appetite. Chef Doug Edwards At Charlotte Bistro & Bar We Feature: Small plates Outdoor dining Local wine, beer on tap and full bar with specialty cocktails Vegetarian and gluten free options All housemade dishes, sauces, desserts, etc.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The staff could not have been more efficient or nicer. The food was excellent. The room was clean and quiet with a great bed. Located in the middle of a small town. Close to Yosemite.

1  Thank Rollie1250

Reviewed July 21, 2014

The menu was so creative, so impressed by the location. Atmosphere was great. The food just missed badly. Everything was not quite there. Things needed more texture, the flavors and presentations were nice but it missed. Example the smoked fish deviled eggs. Served on a small little plate, just hard boiled eggs stuffed with smoke fish. Now if you simply made deviled eggs normally and add a small bit of smoked fish on top with some lightly toasted panko crumbs and maybe a sprig of those awesome micro greens, you would have a 5 star dish. The dressing was so bad on the Caesar my boys wouldn't eat it, and it was very over dressed, they have eaten 4-5 caesars a week since forever and even eat fresh anchovies off the top yet, didn't go for this. I really hope they can simplify the menu a bit and not try so hard, they had such epic ingredients, but execution wasn't there. Also the service needs to get organized, horrible service I sat there waiting over and over, for drinks, to order. And when my son who only ate one bite of the Caesar said it was horrible the waitress laughed at us. Pretty bad service. I think this place has great potentital and I hate to leave a negative review cause I saw the owners busting their butts. I really want to help them that's why I am leaving this. Keep in mind I would go back and try it again. The food was very VERY fresh just not executed right. And the service needs a serious step up.

1  Thank mrpetesurfs
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Charlotte Bistro and Bar was absolutely lovely. The menu offers a variety of creative dishes that left us all in awe of the chef. Because it was my first time dining there, I struggled to make my selections.....everything "called to me". Since we arrived before the rush, and I loved that the young creative owner/chef, Doug Edwards, came to our table to answer our questions about his menu.

I finally selected two items: Grilled Cauliflower and Lentil Salad with a white balsamic vinaigrette and Hopping Rabbit Farms Pan Seared Seasonal Vegetables in coconut green curry. BOTH WERE INCREDIBLE! My friends were equally thrilled with their Compressed Strawberry and Spinach Salad and Savory Green Pancakes.

1  Thank SLOCoaster
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Inventive recipes, smiling service and an overall good vibe is what you get at the Charlotte Bistro. This hotel/restaurant has been in Groveland forever, but with a new chef and new management at the hotel...the place is an absolute delight. The green pancakes were a treat I have never experienced before and the prices were reasonable. This is worth a stop on your trip to or from Yosemite. The staff are all wonderful and very friendly.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice atmosphere, great food, great date or night out with friends. Nice little area to walk around too. Try the lamb meatballs, pork chop, calamari (spicy!). Great wine and beer selection. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank VWagner2013

Been to Charlotte Bistro & Bar? Share your experiences!