“Wonderful Dinner and Amazing Service”

Charlotte Bistro & Bar
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Owners Doug & Jenn Edwards run the Charlotte Bistro & Bar, located in the historic Hotel Charlotte located just outside of Yosemite National Park. At the Charlotte Bistro our approach to food is simple, we cook what we like to eat. Our philosophy is to create cuisine originating from the finest ingredients we can get a hold of. We believe that supporting farmers who are directly connected to the land near our restaurant allows us to create food that not only excites your tastes buds, but connects you to our beautiful surroundings and supports the local community. Bon appetite. Chef Doug Edwards At Charlotte Bistro & Bar We Feature: Small plates Outdoor dining Local wine, beer on tap and full bar with specialty cocktails Vegetarian and gluten free options All housemade dishes, sauces, desserts, etc.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Charlotte a couple of weeks ago and decided, based on the delicious smells coming from the Charlotte Bistro, to stay and eat dinner. The small plates were great and made it possible for us to try quite a few of the dishes on the menu. We had, at the recommendation of our server, the compressed strawberry salad and it was beyond words. So delicious! We also got the calamari, lamb meatballs, and yam gnocchi. They were all delicious and we ate every last bite, I would have licked my plate clean if it hadn't been so crowded. The place was packed, it's obviously the place to be in Groveland. Everyone was happy and the bartender was quite entertaining.
Our experience here was fantastic and we will be back soon. I can't wait to to try the rest of the food on the menu!
Oh no! I almost forgot desert. Despite being delightfully full from our dinner, I could not resist dessert. I ordered the passionfruit pudding cake and will never ever regret that decision. The cake was soft and moist and had a wonderful passionfruit flavor throughout. it was served with fresh berries and Greek yogurt and I couldn't get enough.
I couldn't recommend this restaurant more. If you are anywhere near Groveland you need to eat here.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I walked into the restaurant and was greeted by the bartender telling us best food in town. Boy was he right! I had the yam gnocchi and would highly recommend that if your visiting. I also had the stuffed dates for a starter which was a pleasant surprise. Then I finally finished off my night with a chocolate mousse for dessert. I don't think I could've made a better decision than the mousse.

The staff were all so energetic and friendly. It seemed like they all enjoyed each other and made the customers feel at home. I was able to get the chance to talk to Jen (owner) and was told they use all local ingredients and have only local wines offered which is awesome. Overall really great experience here and they will be seeing me again soon enough!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed in Buck Meadows in poor accommodation. The so called on site restaurant was awful. Thankfully we found our way to the Charlotte Hotel. Sadly they were full but made us welcome in their restaurant and let us use their wifi. We had two great meals there and made our trip to this area a whole lot better. Thank you!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I ate here all three nights of my stay. In a small remote mountain town I was shocked by the quality of ingredients and the friendly attentive energetic staff. If your in Groveland and you do not eat at the Charlotte bistro you do not like good food very much. This is the only option for a foodie crowd. I cannot wait to come back. I have 4 recipes from the chef in my purse thank U Chef.

1  Thank FoodieGrandma
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We ate here over a 3 day period and tried to try something new each night. I found it hard to pick a favorite because everything was excellent. I especially liked the fact that owner/chef Doug is using all local produce, meat and wine! Even if we weren't staying at the hotel I would recommend eating dinner here. The staff are wonderful and engaging and you just can't beat the quality of the food or their prices.

1  Thank Kimmie7911