“Good food!”

Fork & Love
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fork & Love Restaurant is managed by Chef Aaron Haas. Chef Haas has a passion for the farm-to-table approach, using whole ingredients to offer rustic cooking with a twist. Now the love for the mountains has brought Chef Haas back to Groveland and you'll be able to find his fresh and satisfying creations at the newly named Fork & Love at Hotel Charlotte. "Bon Appetit" Chef/Owner Aaron Haas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This little restaurant has excellent food and entrees with a twist. I loved my shrimp dish and my husband said his steak was superb. We decided to come here instead of the Ahwahnee for our nice dinner out while visiting Yosemite, and we're so glad we did!

1  Thank dnewki
There are newer reviews for Fork & Love

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel was taken over in March 2012 by a young couple who are clearly making an effort to provide excellent food at reasonable prices. The dishes on the menu are really imaginative and it's clear that great care is taken over the sourcing of quality local ingredients. The chef patron, Doug, was actually our server. He believes in laying all the foundastions in the kitchen and then getting out front of house with his wife to interact with the guests - a novel and thoughtful approach. The owners deserve to succeed. If you're in Groveland give them a try - but you may need to book; the joint was jumping on the night we were there and we weren't surprised!

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Great place for dinner in Groveland, California. The menu is small, but they have creative dishes that offer a change of pace. The recipes are wonderful and food is cooked perfectly and served attractively in comfortable portions.

The seafood is very fresh. Veggies and salad taste fresh from the garden. The cheese plate appetizer was wonderful.

The wait staff was really efficient and pleasant.

If you like chocolate, you should try the flourless chocolate cake. It is really tasty.

We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am a local from Groveland and last Thursday 19 July we decided to try the food at Hotel Charlotte for dinner which has a new owner. For months I heard negative opinions such as expensive and not good selections from the menu. As I entered the facility, the new rearrangement made it very spacious and very accomodating. The selections ranging from 8 to 24 USD. I don't eat much meat so I ordered, Steamed Mussels with Thai Green Curry Coconut Sauce/honey glazed buttermilk cornbread for 19 USD. It is a very scarry decision for me as it is hard to find good mussels, that those cheap ones came from other countries has been chemically preserved, frozen and dead when they reach the US. My date ordered the 20 USD special. My usual drink is the "Hetch hetchy cocktail" l since I don't drink alcohol and no additional cost. As our order arrived and laid in front of us, I have just to look and admire the food presentation. I have never expected it to be this good, the food in front of us looks edible. The mussles were all facing down and the bread placed on top nicely. I felt like I was in my own kitchen and felt comfortable. Now the challenge is how does it taste? As I savored the curry sauce, it has the right taste just like my Thai friend in Japan used to make. We ordered Flourless Chocolate Cake/walnut cream/dried strawberry flakes, we shared for dessert which is 9 USD. The total came up to about $50. How I wish, I could have licked the curry sauce on the mussel shells and slabbered some rice on my plate but that night was a very fine dining with the international standard. A dinner for 2, can't beat that price as when I travel to Japan again this August $50 is just one meal with the same Food Art that you can eat.

3  Thank CTaira
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I did not like the food. We ate there with a group a year ago.

Been to Fork & Love? Share your experiences!