“Food Art that you can eat”
Review of Fork & Love

Fork & Love
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fork & Love Restaurant is managed by Chef Aaron Haas. Chef Haas has a passion for the farm-to-table approach, using whole ingredients to offer rustic cooking with a twist. Now the love for the mountains has brought Chef Haas back to Groveland and you'll be able to find his fresh and satisfying creations at the newly named Fork & Love at Hotel Charlotte. "Bon Appetit" Chef/Owner Aaron Haas
Okinawa, Japan
“Food Art that you can eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am a local from Groveland and last Thursday 19 July we decided to try the food at Hotel Charlotte for dinner which has a new owner. For months I heard negative opinions such as expensive and not good selections from the menu. As I entered the facility, the new rearrangement made it very spacious and very accomodating. The selections ranging from 8 to 24 USD. I don't eat much meat so I ordered, Steamed Mussels with Thai Green Curry Coconut Sauce/honey glazed buttermilk cornbread for 19 USD. It is a very scarry decision for me as it is hard to find good mussels, that those cheap ones came from other countries has been chemically preserved, frozen and dead when they reach the US. My date ordered the 20 USD special. My usual drink is the "Hetch hetchy cocktail" l since I don't drink alcohol and no additional cost. As our order arrived and laid in front of us, I have just to look and admire the food presentation. I have never expected it to be this good, the food in front of us looks edible. The mussles were all facing down and the bread placed on top nicely. I felt like I was in my own kitchen and felt comfortable. Now the challenge is how does it taste? As I savored the curry sauce, it has the right taste just like my Thai friend in Japan used to make. We ordered Flourless Chocolate Cake/walnut cream/dried strawberry flakes, we shared for dessert which is 9 USD. The total came up to about $50. How I wish, I could have licked the curry sauce on the mussel shells and slabbered some rice on my plate but that night was a very fine dining with the international standard. A dinner for 2, can't beat that price as when I travel to Japan again this August $50 is just one meal with the same Food Art that you can eat.

3 Thank CTaira

La Grange, California
“Too fine dining for my taste”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I did not like the food. We ate there with a group a year ago.

San Francisco, CA
“Great food in an unexpected setting”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Pork Loin was wonderful but what I liked the best was a simple Compressed Watermelon & Heirloom Tomato Salad. The combination of flavors was perfect.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Gerbilsghost
Balsall Common
“Superb food "2"”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I ate there on the 23rd June 2012 we had the shrimp and the grilled chicken, both looked and tasted great. Service was excellent, and the place was packed. One chap at a nearby table had issues with his meal (when asked) and was not charged for it! All in all a good experience.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Recnep5
“Superb food”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We loved the Charlotte Bistro and Bar so much we went two of our three nights in the Yosemite area. We had different items each night and sometimes all three courses. This is not an inexpensive restaurant but it is very tasteful and tastey; a splurge but worth it.

Visited June 2012

Been to Fork & Love? Share your experiences!