“Good fun atmosphere! Warm small town!”

Iron Door Saloon and Grill
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Good fun atmosphere! Warm small town!”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I hadn't been to the Iron Door Saloon since 1992, but was very excited to show it off to my daughter as a warm family environment where we could both enjoy ourselves. We shot some pool, ate a yummy lunch, and my 6 year old even got up stage to sing Kareoki! It is just as much enjoyable today with my daughter as I remember it as a teenager!

• Polish first
Santa Maria, California
“Not what we were expecting”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We attempted to have dinner at the Iron Door Saloon. We were greeting very indifferently by a young lady who took us into the bar (I thought this was supposed to be family friendly - I was very uncomfortable) and she put dirty, wrinkled menus in front of us. They were lunch menus - and it was 7 in the evening (not at all like the menu I previewed on the website). When I attempted to order a turkey club sandwich - pretty standard fare - the waiter quite rudely announced it was not available. I wonder what was available on the dinner menu? Being uncomfortable (loud, rowdy people at the bar), stuck in a sticky booth in the back, dirty menus etc. we opted to leave. So my review is based solely on atmosphere and the staff - we never got to try the food.

Warsaw, Poland
“nice atmosphere, but that's all”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Visited this place in September last year. There's a nice atmosphere with all this Wild West stuff. Friendly staff and a few friendly locals (a few more were neutral ;) ). But the place was also a bit overpriced. AFAIR they had a good choice of local beer... or maybe it was some another pub, somewhere else? Not sure :) Anyway - a nice place to stop for a beer or two, but that's all.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent Burgers & Beer!”
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Excellent Burgers & Beer!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston, Massachusetts
“So it's a bit overpriced...”
Reviewed June 2, 2008

So it's a bit overpriced for a burger and beer, but it's got charm. Stuffed animals cover the walls. Dollar bills are attached to the ceiling along with a disco ball. Good times. Grab a bite before heading into Yosemite or on the way out.