“Surly wait staff and poor food”

Iron Door Saloon and Grill
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Three of us ordered prime rib and a side salad, one person ordered the pasta special with a side salad. We ordered 2 draft beers and 2 glasses of wine. We waited and waited while we watched the waitress rushed around banging chairs into place and carrying bus trays into the scullery, while we drained our water glasses. When our entrees came to the table, we had to remind them about our drinks and salads, as well as butter and sour cream for the baked potatoes. I never recieved my salad. We had lunch there the previous day and it was good, so we were greatly surprised at their ineptitude. In retrospect it was humorous, but a little pricey for what proved to be poor food.

There are newer reviews for Iron Door Saloon and Grill

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ordered burger, nothing special, came to the table dry and I asked for mayonaise twice.
Not bad, but not great either. I sat through most of the meal with my empty diet pepsi glass empty, finally attracted the attention of the waitress and she offered me a refill. Not bad service, but considering we were the only customers at a table it was pretty sad. I suspect there are better restaurants in town. Great bar, if you might want a quick drink.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

The atmosphere was very cozy. I had a rack of ribs, which was just what the doctor ordered. Others in my party ordered buffalo burgers and raved about them. (I tasted one with blue cheese, which was amazing.) And the local craft beer they served was excellent. I would definitely stop here again on my way to or from Yosemite.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

I would not recommend this restaurant. We went against our better judgement. Service was terrible, food very average, portion small and no atmosphere whatsoever in the general dining room. Locals suggest the Mexican or Pizza place in town. Charlotte's also looked very nice.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I do not believe that my wife and I have ever been to a restaurant as bad as this one! As Woody Allen said in the movie "Annie Hall": such bad food and such small portions! In hindsight, I wish we had had the guts to simply pay for our beer and walk out the door! My wife's so-called cobb salad was a small dinner salad with some blue cheese dressing and some slices of pickled onion, no egg, bacon or anything else a proper cobb salad shoud have. My grilled chiken sandwich was supposed to come on a kaiser roll. Instead, it came on an almost half-dollar sized white bread bun with extremely salty fries. My meal looked like I ordered from the children's menu. Its clear that this place is like the proverbial culinary spider-trap awaiting the unwary visitor who blunders in, takes his lumps for a bad meal at outrageous prices, then leaves, vowing never to return. Avoid this disgusting clip-joint at all costs. This is one of those times where fasting is preferable to this sleazy joint!