“Scenic, Woodsy Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
Reviewed May 18, 2007

The campground / rv park has a woodsy setting with gravel roads and is terraced into the hillside. The campground has a petting zoo, general store, gold mine, pool, swimming pools, tetherball, tot lot, horse shoes, etc. and free wi-fi. The property is about 22 miles from the west entrance to Yosemite National Park. Groveland is a charming town with several quaint historic restaurants. We stayed in a very nice deluxe cabin. They have one bedroom on the ground floor and two small loft style bedrooms on the top floor. Our children loved the loft style bedrooms. The kitchens are nice and new and offer cable tv. The staff was very friendly and even brought up charcoal to us when we ran out. The kids loved the petting zoo and gold mine.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed March 14, 2007

We stayed in a Standard Cabin for 3 days. Although the cabin was small, I thought it was just perfect for two people. The kitchen includes a small refrigerator, two burner stove, microwave, sink, and all the pots, pans, and utensils you would need.

The bathroom was nice and the shower was hot and had very soft water, my hair never felt so smooth. However - the hot water tank is small, so you can only have one shower at a time. Unfortunately, my husband was stuck with a cold shower our first morning.

The campground is very quiet and peaceful. Make sure to check out the gold mine. It's quite a hike up the hill, but worth it.

It takes about 30 minutes to get to the Yosemite gate, but its a great drive. The town of Groveland is small and the stores close at 7 or 8pm in the winter. If you want to eat out, try the food at the Pizzeria, it was very good.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank birches321
Reviewed January 12, 2007

My boyfriend and I booked this place as a stopover before proceeding into Curry Village for the weekend. We arrived late, after 11 PM, and found our cabin info posted at the front desk. Our cabin was open and all was well. The cabin we booked was a converted storage shed but it was really cute and clean and comfy with hardwood floors and a mini-fridge. The communal bath was fine. Our cabin had bunkbeds and a nice futon. It had a color TV and cable.

The property was tidy and well-tended. Nothing special about the location but it's a great place to stay near Yosemite.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2006

This is the worst costumer service experience I've had in a long time. I made the reservations online and I was never warned about the time the front desk closes at nights. When I made it there at 10 pm after driving 4 hours from the Bay Area, I find no one in the front desk cabin, no visible note or instructions (at least I couldn't see it after looking for 5 minutes), and unclear directions on how to contact the after-hours person. Of course, there is no cell phone signal either.
So, I had to go back to groveland and book another room.
A few days later, I try to talk to the manager to see if there is any way of getting my money back. They don't get back to me at all. I have to call them again, and finally I talk to the manager. It was just an awful discussion. She was claiming that she posted a set of instructions to me (which I find it hard to believe, I obviously looked for them and didn't see them!) and at some point she even claimed that I hadn't looked around.
Terrible experience. I really don't recommend the place at all.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 7, 2006

My husband and I (and my nephew) stayed in this cabin resort for three nights in August 2006. I have mixed reviews for this establishment.
First, the good points... the place is very dog-friendly. I wanted to bring my dog so I chose to this resort when I saw their website. They also have a nice little zoo where kids can pet llamas, goats, and horses. The staff are also courteous and quite helpful.
On the other hand, their cabins are really small. The cabin that is advertised as good for 4 will actually (comfortably) fit 2 persons only. There were three of us and we were really uncomfortable. The bath is small, the kitchen is just a nook, there is no dining table.... why should they advertise that cabin as "sleeps 4"? For the price that I paid, I definitely expect more space.
We greatly enjoyed our adventures in Yosemite Nat' l Park but our crammed nights in our cabin is something I would never want to experience again.

Thank Let's-Go-Places.
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We had a great time camping at Yosemite Pines Rv....The campground was clean in good condition and everyone was very nice. We will be back again next year!

The only advice I would give anyone traveling to Yosemite Pines is NOT to use mapquest. It will send you on a very crazy and unsafe, unpaved back road. I do not recommend. We found out the hard way, had to turn around and find a hotel for the night, until we were able to call in the morning for correct directions. Just call the campground, they gave us correct and safe directions.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Suzi1109
A TripAdvisor Member
Antioch calif
Reviewed October 11, 2005

My wife and I just spent three very quiet and relaxing days at yosemite pines rv resort and enjoyd every minute of it, the management folks here where some of the friendliest & acommodating we'v met at any resort. the sites were alittle on the small side for larger rv's but all-in-all very nice and very clean, the restrooms and (free) private shower stalls are very clean and sanitized. we see ourselfs coming back for another wonderfull and relaxing stay.
Thank you for a great weekend!
Larry & Elisa Hurd

Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#1 of 15 in Groveland
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
#4 of 7 in Groveland

Been to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging? Share your experiences!