“good stay, but small houses”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed there for 3 night and liked it very much.
The comments about the bedrooms are true. I also thought that the 8 person house we rented would be bigger but for us it was not a big problem. I only didn't like the bed ( in the loft) we had but my parents said their bed was very good. Different people, different opinions!!. The kids loved the park and after staying in hotels/motels for almost a month we loved to sit outside and enjoy the nature on our own terrace. It was a good affordable place to stay if you want to visit Yosemite. The staff was very friendly and helpfull.
After reading the complaints here, I was a bit afraid, but I would definately stay there again..!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2010

This was suppose to be a fun family trip with our good friends. The cabin is SO much smaller than it appears in the picutes, upstairs ceiling is about 3 feet tall. The sheets on the sofa bed were dirty and looked like they hadn't been washed, good thing we brought our own blankets!!! The bed upstairs where my friends son slept and the master bedroom both had bed bugs!!! This is disgusting!!!! The front desk ladies were so RUDE!!! When we walked in the office at 2:45pm to ask if we could check in, the lady at the front desk, immediately said NO!!! Check in time is at 3pm, and the lady behind her made sure to point out to us it was NOT 3pm yet!!! I responded to them both, by telling them I know how to tell time!! I can see the clock, I was just asking, no need to be rude!!!! Would NEVER, EVER go back to that place again!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Christinao21
pcroce, Public Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

As I mentioned in my prior email to you or a member of your group, we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will take it very seriously. I am aware of this incident; I have spoken with my manager Mary Bertram.

Without exception, all linens are removed from a cabin during our cleaning process and all beds are made with clean lines.

You are correct in your statement that our loft area does have a low ceiling, these are sleeping lofts. They are 51 inches in height from floor to ceiling.

We do have all of our units fumigated in February or March each year and all of our mattresses are in bedbug proof mattress covers. The mattresses in the loft area of unit you stayed in were replaced in March of this year. Even though we do take precautions’ against this kind of thing happening, we are aware that we cannot stop the chance that this could happen to us. If you do a web search you will find that there is an infestation of bed bugs is increasing worldwide. We do have guests staying with us from all around the world and many of them travel with their own linens, pillows, blankets, etc.

We have contacted our pest control company and the unit is under treatment now. This unit will remain closed until this matter is resolved.

Thank you again for bring this to our attention, we have refunded your credit card for your stay.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

What a mean spirited, bitter person that the owner Mary has transcended to her park! What was supposed to be a family reunion turned into one of our worse experiences ever with the staff's constant harassment and ill will. She even scared the kids with all her ranting. Never in all my years have I seen such a poor representation and lack of pride in ownership much less customer service.
It took two days to get soap in the restrooms after many complaints. The tent sites were much to small on steep ground, it is very unsafe. The dust from the staff driving around on their go-karts was awful. The air conditioning in the Cabin was faulty and took constant follow up to get serviced

2  Thank bkelly0621
peggycroce, Public Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Please accept our apologies that your stay at Yosemite Pines did not meet your expectations. Mary is not the owner of this resort, she is the manager. We have hundreds of guests staying at our resort on a daily bases, have no complaints and enjoy their experience. We would like to know more about you and the events that took place during your stay. Through your posting, we cannot identify you as a guest that stayed at Yosemite Pines. Since we believe that your experience was not typical for the majority of guests who visit Yosemite Pines, please contact our office directly discuss.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights at the end of July to be able to explore Yosemite National Park. The campground is 22 miles from the gate. Yosemite Valley is another 45 minutes from the gate. Although it took a while to get into the valley, it was a beautiful ride.

This place is so dusty you will be chewing dirt by day two. It will be in all of your clothes and every corner of the car.

Both ladies bathrooms did not have soap for two days.

The pool had a green tint and was cloudy which means they do not have control of what chemicals are required. It was loaded with chlorine and you could not swim without catching hair in your hand.

We originally rented a tent site for three days, then wanted to see more of Yosemite National Park. When we extended our stay, we were told we would have to move to another site because the site we were on was reserved. So, we broke down the tent and moved it (and understood). Come to find out, the person who rented our original site was only there for one night and left very early in the morning. A good campground would not have had us break down our gear for someone who was only going to be there for one night. They would have found another site for that person.

There is a stray dog that roams the campground off leash. It comes to your site and doesn't leave. I think he's harmless, but a pest.

The septic system in the campground smells like it's failing!

This is a noisy campground. The tent sites are just below RV sites and the big RV's need to warm up before they hit the road. Be prepared to be sleep under an engine early in the morning.

They do have a petting zoo that my 8 year old son loved. He knew all of the animal's names.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
peggycroce, Guest Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Please excuse our Dust - During the summer months as the temperature increases the grounds get very dry and dusty. We are looking into ways to resolve this issue.
We apologies that there was only 1 soap dispenser working in two of our restrooms, we received vandalism to our restrooms. The soap dispensers have been replaced and other maintenance issues have been repaired.
The pool is commercially serviced and meets all code requirements. The chemicals in the pools are checked every morning before the pool opens to make sure PH is in balance.
We are very sorry that you had to move to a different site to extend your stay with us. Many guests call in and reserve specific sites as we hope you will do the same if you decide to visit us again. We do have tent site that are a distance from the RV sites.
The roaming dog is also a very big nuisance to us. This dog belongs to a property owner across from the resort. We have talked to the owner many times and have reported the nuisance to the humane society.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

I was pleased that the women on the registration desk got friendlier once we spoke nicely to them. We asked to check in early on arrival and an abrupt "No," was the initial response. This was fine by me as it does clearly state check in at 3pm, so i continued to be charming and I think this helped as the person before me was quite rudely complaining... we were told we could use the pool and other amenities before check in. Our young family loved the pool.

Then came the cabin!! We ordered one of the bigger ones, I was disappointed the cabin looks spacious in the photographs and supposedly sleeps up to 6 people! Well you would have to be a hobbit to fit comfortably into the loft bedroom ...it stands about 3 Ft tall - My toddler daughter on my lap can touch the ceiling. I suppose it has to fit with fire regulations ... but I would really worry about getting out of there in a hurry. I felt the website was misleading and had an ace photographer to make it look a decent height.

On a better note the kitchen facilities were excellent and the level of cleanliness was very good, having read the website prior to going I was concerned but the cabin was very clean,

One other thing that has to be mentioned is the petting farm, the animals are kept in enclosures way too small for their size and number and it may not bother you but it really bothered me.... even though the animals are clearly well regarded I felt this could be improved.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Our family camped at Yosemite Pines in late July, 2010 as part of a group of 5 families who go on an annual camping trip together. The group included 2 families with tent trailers, 2 families in tents and one family opted to stay in a yurt. We reserved 2 RV sites, 1 tent site and one yurt. One tent was allowed on each RV site with a max of 6 people per RV and tent site. 3 families brought a dog along. I spent time at each site/yurt during our stay.

The RV sites and tent site were no where near each other, despite the fact that they had been reserved together and the camp had been told that we were traveling together and wanted sites together. When I called to ask for details about the sites 2 days ahead of our arrival,I was told that they couldn't put us together because of the length of our stay (5 days). This didn't make a lot of sense to me but once we got there it was clear that the management is very focused on maximizing their income at any cost . Meeting special requests like ours didn't seem to be a priority.

The rates for the sites doesn't match the rates advertised on their website very well. They list tent sites as having a maximum rate of $32 - we paid $35 plus $7 a night for a 6th person for a total of $42 a night. The RV sites were also more expensive than advertised. We felt that the rate was too high for what we got.

Our group stayed in a similar mixed use campground on the Russian River last year that was much nicer than this one. We paid about 2/3rds of the price Yosemite Pines charges. The other camp put all our sites together and went out of their way to locate us in an area that made it easy to hang out together. I can't imagine this ever happening at Yosemite Pines.

The entire campground is laid out with sites so close together you are camping in your neighbors pocket. The tent sites are small and most aren't flat. Our neighbors picnic table was located roughly 8 feet away from ours for example. Thoroughly extinguishing your campfire when not in use is an absolute must because there are kids cutting through the campsites rather than taking the long way round using the dusty roads.

The tent sites we saw and the one we used had barely enough room for one mid-sized tent. We managed to get 2 tents up on ours by having one tent at a strong slant. But most of the sites around us didn't look like they would have accommodated 2 tents.

Our tent site was not flat anywhere and there were lots of small to medium sized rocks on the site making it hard to walk around without tripping. Parking was an issue in the tent area we were in. There was barely room for 1 car/site and the parking for our site required us to park on such a steep slant it made unloading the car really difficult.

The petting zoo was cute but our tent site was upwind and we could not escape the smell when the wind came up. And the chickens roamed the campground.

The yurt was an oven from sunrise to sunset. It was located on one of the very dusty inside roads surrounded by open field with an occasional oak tree. The mattresses sagged in the center and needed to be replaced.

The 2 RV sites backed onto the highway (Old 120) right at the campground entrance. They faced a dusty road and open field. There was a single small tree for the 4 campsites grouped together so there was essentially no shade. The sites were close together but more spacious than the tent sites in terms of depth. It was quiet except when traffic went by on the highway which wasn't often. The electrical and water were working.

The campground roads are all dirt. During our stay, nothing was done to damp down the dust like we have seen at other similar campgrounds. So we choked on clouds of dust every time a car went by our site and everything was quickly covered by red dust.

The main bathroom located next to the pool served a very large area of the campground so we had to walk quite a ways to use the facilities. It was generally kept clean and well maintained, as was the pool area.

We felt the cost of things in the little store was excessive. $5 for two 7# bags of ice, for example.

Self-contained RVs have to pay to dump waste. There were several RVer's complaining about this at the dump site - which was located within eyesight and easy earshot of our RV campsites.

We had several visits from a very large, spotted hound dog (as big as a great dane) that belongs to one of the property owners in the area. The dog is apparently allowed to roam free and treats the campground as a place to find new friends of the human and dog variety. This was a problem for us as our much smaller dog got upset when this dog came around. The fact that she was tied up and he was not contributed to the problem. And we had difficulty getting the hound to go away. He roamed the campground all day and well into the night - he visited our site at 11:30 pm for instance.

When I stopped at the store to let them know the dog was loose (we thought it belonged to someone camping there) the woman I talked to was clearly frustrated by the situation. Unfortunately she took her frustration out on me. She got angry and defensive, and demanded to know what she was supposed to do about it. She didn't apologize or offer to call the owner or even animal control. Instead she was angry that I had brought the subject up.

They advertise free internet service i but I could not get my mobile phone to connect to it so can't comment on the quality.

This campground could be a very nice place to stay. But we felt that the management of the property left a lot to be desired. We will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We reserved the largest cabin and it was much smaller than the pictures elude to. We rented it to have airconditioning for babies to nap comfortably. It never cooled the cabing down. The cabin was dirty. When I pulled back the bedspread and sheets for the first time, I found a pair of earrings under the pillow, which meant the sheets were never changed prior to our arrival. I found trash aroung the beds from the last renters. The pool was always cloudy. Although the staff was courteous enough, we will never stay there again. There are too many other options for visiting Yosemite.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
peggycroce, Public Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2010

We apologize that the rental unit did not meet with your expectations and was not clean upon your arrival. We train our housekeeper at the beginning of season our expectations of cleanliness. The housekeeper responsible for cleaning your unit is no longer working with our resort.

Since your experience was not typical for the majority of guests who visit Yosemite Pines, we hope that you will consider giving us an opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality on a future visit. Thank you again for bring your experience to our attention.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#1 of 15 in Groveland
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
#4 of 7 in Groveland

Been to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging? Share your experiences!