“Small Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
Reviewed September 7, 2006

My husband and I (and my nephew) stayed in this cabin resort for three nights in August 2006. I have mixed reviews for this establishment.
First, the good points... the place is very dog-friendly. I wanted to bring my dog so I chose to this resort when I saw their website. They also have a nice little zoo where kids can pet llamas, goats, and horses. The staff are also courteous and quite helpful.
On the other hand, their cabins are really small. The cabin that is advertised as good for 4 will actually (comfortably) fit 2 persons only. There were three of us and we were really uncomfortable. The bath is small, the kitchen is just a nook, there is no dining table.... why should they advertise that cabin as "sleeps 4"? For the price that I paid, I definitely expect more space.
We greatly enjoyed our adventures in Yosemite Nat' l Park but our crammed nights in our cabin is something I would never want to experience again.

Thank Let's-Go-Places.

Reviewed August 1, 2006

We had a great time camping at Yosemite Pines Rv....The campground was clean in good condition and everyone was very nice. We will be back again next year!

The only advice I would give anyone traveling to Yosemite Pines is NOT to use mapquest. It will send you on a very crazy and unsafe, unpaved back road. I do not recommend. We found out the hard way, had to turn around and find a hotel for the night, until we were able to call in the morning for correct directions. Just call the campground, they gave us correct and safe directions.

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Suzi1109
Antioch calif
Reviewed October 11, 2005

My wife and I just spent three very quiet and relaxing days at yosemite pines rv resort and enjoyd every minute of it, the management folks here where some of the friendliest & acommodating we'v met at any resort. the sites were alittle on the small side for larger rv's but all-in-all very nice and very clean, the restrooms and (free) private shower stalls are very clean and sanitized. we see ourselfs coming back for another wonderfull and relaxing stay.
Thank you for a great weekend!
Larry & Elisa Hurd

Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 6, 2005

First off we were not in an RV so we stayed at a cabin. The cabin was brand new, clean and was fully equipped. Cupboards were full of plates, utensils, pots/pans etc, a nice surprise. The previous owners apparently had let the place run down. The new owners have put a lot of money in renovating and adding to the park. The Smiths (park managers) are very nice and accommodating people. They went out of their way to make our stay there enjoyable. We had previously stayed in a tent at pines campground (Stanislaus national forest campground) past 3 days and were soaked. This was dec 25th-27 of 2004 when the storms came. We were forced to change our plans of tenting it and had to retreat to a cabin. When they heard we had some wet equipment the smiths generously let us use an out of the way heated room to hang and dry our stuff. That saved us from having smelly mildewed equipment.

The park is going through some growing pains due to change of ownership but it is in the name of increasing facilities. They are getting the improvements done during the slow winter months to impact the guests minimally. Propane is still from a tank outside the cabin. The gas company has been digging around to install gas pipes so a bit of mud off to the side.

The friendly park staff and management more than made up for that bit of mud. Everything seems brand new from the cabins, the store, even the deck and railings. We enjoyed our stay and will return when we are in the area. We recommend the park highly.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hilmar, CA
Reviewed October 16, 2004

We put together a last minute trip to Yosemite pines. After viewing reviews already on here I was a bit nervous when arriving. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff! Then we were shown to our 5 cabin deluxe. I was so suprised at what I saw. I was so pleased with the accomodations. These cabins were just so clean, and very spacious. I couldnt have asked for a better deal for what we paid. Usually its what you pay is what you get. Well i have news for you this was absoultely worth more than we paid! A full kitchen with a private shower, bathroom. Plenty of space for the children and not to mention the great firepit for our smoares. We were very pleased with our trip and we will be visiting again in a few weeks. We asked to see what their cabin that sleeps 8 looked like and it was as close as it gets to a house. These cabins are a new and clean. The game room was very nice for the children. A big screen TV for dad and a couch for mom to relax in! There is also a new playgrond and horseshoe section. I highly recommend this RV park to anyone. All the camp sites are very nice here. The gold mine tour was awesome.. it was worth the little money we spent and we got MORE than we thought we would have! The rates are superb! We paid 70$ for this cabin. THe large 8 sleeper is only 109 a night during the winter. The summer rates arent much higher and well worth the money! Their is Don Pedro lake near by and Lake moutain pines. SO there is PLENTY to do! Lots of wonderful scenery and of course great fresh air!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Bruno, CA
Reviewed August 23, 2004

Do more research and you'll probably find something
better...I had high hopes for our 2 night stay at Yosemite Pines (August 04). I had read mixed reviews but it was under new management. Plus they had a
great looking website.

The staff was friendly but not always helpful in an
experienced way. When I asked about fishing, I was told "maybe you can find out something
about that in town..." Though the renovations were lovely, the place needed maintenance. Full trash cans and hair under the mats in the shower left me
wondering how often they cleaned. The pool water was not quite clear and had lots of bugs in it.

We stayed in 1 of several sleeping cabings they provide and on night 2 we were neighbors to an adventure group of 15 who parked their van 10 inches from our cabin in what was our picnic table area (we had moved the table because of a wasp nest) and cranked up their music to full volume and had a sreamingly good time. I took my complaints to management, Vicky & Ellen who were unsympathetic. Quiet time is at 10 but in my view their noise was excessive since they were parked so close to us. I pointed out to the reservationists they might help families decide which accomodations are more suitable by letting them know about the adventure groups in the neighboring tent sites.

In any case, you can probably find a more suitable clean campground closer to or in Yosemite.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Simi Valley CA
Reviewed July 16, 2004

I rented a rv and decided to go to Yosemite. I made a search for rv parks in yosemite and Yosemite Pines was the first place that came up on a Google search. I decide to go on ahead and make reservations because of all the amenities (full hookups) and I thought it was the closest to the gates of the National Park. I was wrong, Yosemite Lakes Thousand Trails was much closer. Let me first say that Kim was very nice and very helpful. Evelyn was not. We showed up to find out that the pool was closed and drained due to the health department. One of the workers there said that there was too much acid in the pool. All rv sites are above the pool.....think about were that sewage may be going. We were able to choose from three different sites and the first site was taken. We decided on the third location and went down to the office to let them know which site we had taken. Evelyn who was now working did not seem to care which site we had taken and did not write it down. This made no sense to me because we were told to let them know immediately. Kim gave us a nonofficial reserved sign for us to use before she went home. We went to our site to hook up. The sewage hole had a cover that did not fit and the sewage hole was smaller than our standered sized hose. And of course flies and bees were all around the sewage hole. The bathrooms down by the pool had out of order signs and was flooded. I saw 1 chiken at the petting zoo. Gold mining was standing water with misquito eggs. The next day we went into Yosemite and came back and guess what, someone had taken our site Even after we told Evelyn which we had taken and had a reserved sign. I went down to the office, voiced my concerns, filed for a return and went on to Yosemite Lakes Thousand Trails resort. So I would probally call first with thousands of question for any rv park before making reservations. Our first rv lesson was learned. Yosemite pines did not take all major credit cards. I tried to use my Discover card. Just look at there website. Yosemite pines was $32.00 and Yosemite Lakes was $35.00. At Yosemite Lakes we had all the amenties you could think of plus the comforts of friendly staff.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Hotel Charlotte
All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
#2 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging? Share your experiences!