Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Groveland
See available hotels
Hotel Charlotte(Groveland)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Aladdin Inn(Sonora)
Very Good 4/5
El Dorado Motel(Twain Harte)
Average 3/5
All reviewspetting zoopremium cabingold minebasic cabinhay ridegold panningswimming poolwash dishesnice campgroundcamp storebathrooms were cleanfire pitmemorial day weekendcute townfull kitchennice poolquiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed at this park on two different occasions many years ago and couldn't have had a better experience. I called to make reservations today for a trip this summer and was absolutely SHOCKED at the lady who answered the phone (think her name was Mary?). She was so rude I couldn't even ask about the various RV sites. She literally raised her voice to me within 20 seconds of answering the phone! I happened upon the reviews and am glad I looked - it seems the staff/management of this RV park are no longer interested in the customer service field. I thought maybe she was just having a bad day when she was combative with me, but after reading all the reviews, I will make other arrangements; I'd be afraid to stay here now. It's a shame because this used to be a wonderful family park and the staff was over the top to make the guests' stay comfortable.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Californiamamabear
YPINES, Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2009

Thank you for your comments and responses regarding your stay at Yosemite Pines RV Resort. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests. These comments provide welcome training tools for our team since all comments are reviewed by the entire team. Judging by your comments, we have fallen short of our goal to provide a peaceful, restful experience for you and your family. In order that this does not happen again, we have taken them to our team to determine what can be done to provide the best experience to our guests.
Since we think that your stay did not live up to your expectations, we hope that we might be able to have another opportunity to try to show our hospitality during a future visit. Please call our office directly to tell us how we can better
accommodate you.
Yosemite PInes RV Resort Team

Reviewed April 13, 2009

A couple of real sour apples are goig to drive many people away.
I made my reservation about a week before Easter weekend. A friend of mine made a reservation the same week but did not request sites next to each other. Sge figured no big deal since it is not busy the season. Just to make sure she called back a day later to request sites near each other. At that time she was told it should have been taken care of at the time of booking (no kidding ) and that they could not tell us the sites we were in and could not make any changes until we arrived (first clue of good service). I arrived two days before my friend did and the one lady at the counter was great, I wish I could remember her name. If I was hiring I would hire her. Saturday morning I went into the office and asked if now we could look at a site closer to us because they put our friends across the campground from us. A staff member came out from the back and and said they can not move anyone because a large group was coming in that had reservations for over a year. Figuring it was my fault I did not push the issue even though I knew they were not sold out and they made no attempt to look at the sites and work with us. So we spent the night before easter on seperate sides of the campground (five kids between the two families oldest was 6) and Easter morning seperate becasue our camps were so far apart. What really got to me is that in the morning it bacame obvious it wasn't about a big group but strictly poor customer appreciation.
Come Easter morning I was the ONLY camper in my entire row no one next to me on either side. There were two open sites in the row across from me and only two campers in the row behind us. There was no reason they could not have moved us so we could be closer for the holiday!! five children ranging from ages 4 to 6. Our friends left Monday morning and that 'big group" still never showed up.
I have never written a negative review on a campgrounnd and can not believe the management was so unaccomodating. Check out your other options, it will be time well spent.
Also, many of the sites are so small you can't even open your awning and have a fire. If you can't pick your site and they are not willing to accomodate you buyer beware....
Look at the Better Business Bureau's rating of this place, it isn't any better than mine. I have spent all day trying to track the owner down and have so far been unsuccessful. I will eventually find the owner but if it is that difficult and there are so many poor reviews are they really going to care?
In line with the other reviews the people with the farm animals do a great job and are great with the kids but that is not enough to bring me back.
Major changes in the management needs to be made.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank megafisher

In response to you comments .... Thank you!
During your stay here at Yosemite PInes RV Resort, we are sorry that we were unable to match your experience to your expectations. We value having honest opinions about our resort.
Our entire team here at Yosemite Pines works hard to provide each of our guests with a relaxing family experience. In order to try to prevent this from happening again in the future, we have taken your comments to the entire team.
Since your visit to the resort seems to be not the typical experience for the majority of our guest, we hope that you will consider giving us the opportunity to demonstrate our hospitality to you. Please contact our office directly to let us know how we can accommodate you further.
Yosemite PIne RV Resort

Reviewed September 16, 2008

They have bad customer service. Make sure you don't have to cancel your reservations for any reason - THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY! Being it is ruff times for everyone you would think they would go out of there way to make sure people come back - at this rate people won't come back!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hailey007
Reviewed September 14, 2008

We happened upon the Yosemite Pines by accident - our car broke down nearby, and a Groveland resident who was helping us get it sorted out suggested the place and drove us by.

We rented a deluxe cabin, which was clean, air conditioned, and set up nicely. The location was quiet at night, though we were there after Labor Day, so it wasn't very crowded.

Our hot water heater wasn't working, but staff got right on it as soon as we mentioned the problem, and it was fixed quickly.

Yosemite Pines is off the main highway, so there's no road noise at night. In fact, all we heard were crickets. It's located close to Groveland, which is convenient for dinner, groceries, etc. There is about a 20 minute drive from Yosemite Pines to the Big Oak entrance at the National Park. But, it's an easy drive!

As one other reviewer mentioned - best to wash the dishes, flatware, etc before using! I think it'd dependent on the previous guest to wash them, so they might not be up to your own standards.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank LeslieSeattle
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We went to YP to try something new. The front desk staff would not let us have the AAA discount, because we hadn't booked it that way.

Our site was next to our friends who have small boys. There was no grass or shade, only ugly orange dirt. This dirt gets everywhere, then gets tracked into the RV by the kids and the dogs. Hopefully it will wash out.

The staff would not let our friends stay until 1pm on checkout day so that we could enjoy our day, staff insisted they leave at 11am. Even though it was a Monday and the park was half empty.

The dump was broken and they would not let us use another site to dump unless we gave them an additional $5. Even though we had been told upon making reservations that there would be no charge.

I do have to say that they guy that runs the petting zoo is very nice and great with the kids. We had fun in Groveland and at the lake.

There is also no wood burning at all, not even in the fire pits, I think that they don't tell you ahead of time so that you have to buy charcoal from them.

Bottom line, find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family