“Never again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

The pool, bathrooms, showers and campground overall was not very clean. On the Saturday night we stayed there, they had many activities for children. The WiFi did not work. We had a reservation for 3 night and prepaied everything. We had to leave after one night due to personal things, but we still had to pay for 3 nights. "No refund, once you have checked in" was the comment from Office Supervisor. The lady, who we checked in with, said, come back to the Office once you know if you have to leave earlier and then we see what we can do.

Our "Premium Back-In Site" had a BBQ. The Table was right next to the black and grey water outlet of our neighbours. We were able to move the table, but there was not a lot of space to move the table to.

The drive to Yosemite National Park is about 30-40 Minutes.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Sorpheus

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

this was the best camping experience. I saw someone picking up trash everyday. the pool was great. the restrooms wereclean, and the laundry room was always open. never a problem with the cable or the wi fi. the 10 oclock quiet time was strictly enforced on the weekend by these to good looking guys, they were great. any time I needed anything all I had to do was stop by the office and what ever I needed was taken care of. I also took the gold mine tour with nevada mike one of the workers there and he was awsome.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was our first time camping ..the experience was great and everyone at Yosemite Pines was helpful and friendly ..it was very kid friendly clean just a great place to camp.

Rancho Cucamonga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Before arriving, I was nervous about how our stay would turn out since I read a lot of negative reviews. My immediate family of four stayed in a deluxe cabin. My parents' stayed in a full hookup site (right across from us) and my brother and his in-laws stayed in a couple of partial hookup sites.

Overall, I thought that the campground had a nice mountaineous feel to it. There were lots of trees (although some of the RV spots had no trees and were completely in the sun). I was content in our cabin; however, I may not have liked staying in one of the RV spots due to the lack of trees in some spots and the fact that spots were close together.
PROS:
- the goldmining "cave" is a big hit with kids. You can't actually find gold, but there are a lot of cool looking rocks and it was my 6 y/o's favorite part of the trip.
- the pool, hayride, petting zoo are cool; however, read cons below.
- while it is an hour or so ride to the Yosemite Valley, it is very scenic; hence, I did not mind the distance.

CONS:
- the pool was cloudy and hairy
- not necessarily a con, but the petting zoo is only open one hour a day (between 8 AM - 9 AM). Outside of that, you must view/pet the animals through the fence. This turned out to be alright for us, but some people could be disappointed to see that it's not open more than that)
- the general store definitely left alot to be desired!! It had a VERY limited selection of food and supplies. Thank goodness I brought an extra roll of paper towels from home since the store only had one roll left. As far as food, just plan to go in town for anything decent.
- make sure that you bring exact change (quarters) for the laundrymat. My mom and sister only had dollars and was told my the person at the front desk that they'd need to go into town to get change. They would not give them change at their general store. This seemed ridiculous to me. If the campground is unwilling to give their customers change, they should at least provide a change machine.
- the hayride and other activies are only available on Fridays and Saturdays. I can understand this for non-peak seasons, but for the summer months, it seems that they should offer these things during the week as well. I was disappointed that my immediate family and I were not able to participate in any of these due to the fact that we stayed Sunday through Thursday.
- It would have been nice to be given more than a half-full (or empty depending on how you look at it) container of travel size dish soap in our cabin.
- the top bunk bed in the cabin was twin size and did not have a rail; hence, none of us slept on it.

1 Thank funmama01
walnut grove, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We loved all of the great activities that our 4 year old grandson got to participate in. They offered hayrides, gold panning, petting zoo etc.. and a swimming pool. There are only two negatives and they were serious for me. Guests and workers drive through the park very fast over the 5mph posted, besides being a safety issue, it raises an incredible amount of dust. Between the dust clouds and campfires at almost all of the closely placed campsites, most evenings , it is a terrible place to stay for asthma sufferers. Unfortunately, we ended up having to close the windows on our bus and run the a/c unit a lot more than we would have liked. This is an individual health issue that was a problem but in no way should prevent families with kids to consider this park. Not fancy, but the staff was nice and again great for kids of all ages.

1 Thank gottogonow
peggycroce, Public Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you very much for your compliments about the park and staff. We do apologize for our dusty roads. During the summer months as the temperature increases the grounds get very dry and dusty. We continue to looks into ways to resolve this issue. Observing the 5mph speed limit does help with this issue and you can be sure we will be speaking to the employee about this issue.
We do understand how the campfires would create a problem for a person who suffers with asthma or other COPD disease. However, this is a activity that is very popular at Yosemite Pines and part of the camping experience.
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I recently stayed at Yosemtie Pines RV Park with my family and had the best time ever. We had a lot of activities to choose from and many wonderful and beutifule things to see. We loved the cozy cabins and all they had to offer. The property was well kept up and always kept clean. The staff was very plesent and always very promt to help us with our needs. I will be making Yosemite Pines my new camping spot from now on. I wish more Parks could be this clean and have this much pride in thier parks.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
peggycroce, Public Relations Manager at Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your compliments about the park and staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon.
El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and mother in law stayed here June 30th - July 2nd, It was one of the better experiences we have had. The hosts were great (expecially Mike) the area was clean and accomodating. During our stay there was an oudoor movie, pancake breakfast, Hot dog roast. We had a problem with our motorhome while coming back from Yosemite and had to leave the camp number. The directions were delivered to us through the park and we were allowed to stay an extra day without paying the 3 day minimum we would have expected because of the weekend.

Most of these reviews I had read prior to making our reservations, I have to admit made me a little nervous. I think now what happens is that there are so many people who are so entitled that they forget that they are going camping and to have fun!!! The staff have a lot to deal with, with a park full of people and a hand full of snobs!!!! The compalints about noise are just stupid... If you don't like fun, people, outdoors and elements, stay the hell home and let us enjoy our vacations.

This is a well run resort and I'm sure that there are going to be things that happen as it does fo rus all. If people were responsible for the kids and thier animals and not think that they are paying to be entitled and not be disrespectable to the property it wouldn't burden the hosts. Thank you Yosemite Pines.. We will be back Robert Analise and Mom

1 Thank avg_joe57
Thank you avg_joe57. We will be the first to admit that we are not perfect and mistakes have happened. Most mistakes are just situations that require a resolution. When a guest makes us aware of an issue, most situations are easily resolved. Again, thank you for compliments about the park and staff. We will be sure to share your review with the staff, especially Mike.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#5 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite Lakes RV Resort
Yosemite Lakes RV Resort
#1 of 15 in Groveland

Been to Yosemite Pines RV Resort and Family Lodging? Share your experiences!