The Hotel Charlotte, well, she always knows her place. She's got style, she's got grace, this hotel (she's) a winner. The owners, Doug and Jenn Edwards, meshed the old gold rush feel of the area and 12-room inn with simple modern day conveniences, where appropriate: And it works.
This boutique hotel's storied-past pales by comparison to her heroics & irrepressible outlook of present day. "She's a lady." I experienced first-handedly, the owners, a husband and his wife, their hands outreached-to-the community, firefighters, stranded travelers, our wedding guests group, and their (the Edwards) newborn baby boy. The devastation of this end-of-summer's Yosemite Rim forest fire was everywhere. The Hotel Charlotte always some place nice to stay, "Oh what a blessing."
The look of the hotel also carries into the adjoining restaurant, the Charlotte Bistro & Bar. Here the menu reflects excellence, in choosing fresh ingredients, in considerate preparation, and in presenting delicious fare. Chef Doug Edwards, has a big-city winner in this wild-west saloon. "Well she can take what I dish out, and that's not easy, She's (they) know just what to do, and how to please me."
* Tom Jones's "She's A Lady"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience a wonderful escape at the Hotel Charlotte, located at the gateway to Yosemite. Enjoy the rustic quirks of a charming, historic boutique hotel coupled with a wonderfully inviting ambiance and stellar service that will leave you wanting more.At the Hotel Charlotte, you'll be welcomed by friendly, knowledgable staff who will help you settle in to one of our 10 hotel rooms or 6 guest houses. Whether you want to experience the natural wonders of the surrounding area and Yosemite, have a romantic getaway, or enjoy a stay in an authentic old west hotel, you will find what you are looking for at the Hotel Charlotte. The owners, Doug and Jenn Edwards, wanted to retain the gold rush feel of the hotel while at the same time modernizing and simplifying. The sage green walls, the throwback Edison lightbulbs, the oversized, brown velvet sofas - invite guests to step into a contemporary old west. The look of the hotel also carries into the adjoining restaurant, the Charlotte Bistro & Bar. Under the direction of Chef Doug Edwards, the restaurant features locally grown produce and innovative Modern American fare. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Hotel Groveland