Be prepared to unplug and unwind at the Evergreen Lodge. My family of 4 just stayed here for a weekend and we loved it! It was at least the third time we've been to the Evergreen (the first time was in the spring of 2007). We took advantage of the "Friends and Family" discount to book one of the 2-bedroom family cabins. We appreciated the extra space and privacy. My daughters enjoyed having a room to themselves. They also had a great time exploring the property and finding all the play spaces.
The Evergreen is off the beaten path and since the fire in 2013, the landscape is quite stark on the way to the resort. We weren't sure what to expect as we drove in but the property itself is exactly as I'd remembered it from past trips, with some great additions like more cabins, the enclosed restaurant patio and the heated tent with the extra ping pong tables.
We had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant on both days and the varied menu was quite tasty. The service was wonderful overall and everyone was friendly and helpful.
Next time I'll have to book extra days. We were in the Yosemite valley most of the time, but it would've been nice to have spent at least one day just at the resort to slow down and take it easy. The Evergreen is quiet and peaceful - no TV, very limited wifi and Internet access and definitely no cellular access. It was good to unplug for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evergreen Lodge is a newly expanded full-service historic resort featuring 88 spacious cabins in the woods. The lodge sits on 20 acres just a mile from Yosemite National Park in California, putting top attractions - Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows and Hetch Hetchy - in easy reach. At the lodge, savor a delicious meal, kick back in the classic tavern and enjoy other amenities, including Evergreen's sun deck, game room, kids play areas, nightly activities and therapeutic massage. Ready for adventure? Evergreen's professional guide service offers a variety of sightseeing, hiking, biking, fly fishing and snowshoeing tours, as well as free planning advice for self-guided adventures. A Frommer's 'Favorite' and 'Highly Recommended' by Fodor's, the Evergreen provides the perfect mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel At Yosemite
- Evergreen Lodge Yosemite