“Great sandwiches”
Review of Cross County Cafe - CLOSED

Cross County Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We ate a late lunch here. My hubby had the best looking roast beef sandwich. So we asked about togo lunches. We stopped by the next morning (7am) and they made us fresh sandwiches for a picnic in the park. Yummy! Lots of meat and good wheat bread. They had avocado - so that added to the feast. Very nice folks and good food.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

A little hard to find, but worth the search as they have recently relocated. We stopped here for breakfast on our way to Yosemite due to good reviews here & on Yelp. They serve from the entire menu all day. I had the angus burger with fries for breakfast, while my wife had the biscuits & gravy & 2 eggs. The burger was very good & my wife really liked the B&G. The scrambled eggs were over cooked. I wanted the eggs benedict, but the only serve that on Sunday, so be warned. The service was very good.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food and the service are EXCELLENT. Every restaurant could learn a thing from this place.

It was the best French dip I've ever had and their fries melt in your mouth. The place was packed and everyone around us seemed equally happy with their food. Don't be put off by their "back of a parking lot location" it just makes you feel like you've discovered a treasure....The owners are working as hard as their lovely server and fabulous chef.

I will always remember this place and highly recommend it to anyone who likes delicious food. All restaurants should be like this one. Yes I know I'm gushing but really, this is the way it should be when you go out to eat.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We go to this cafe for breakfast every time we are in Pine Mountain Lake. It is a small place, locally run. The food is yummy - they make pies there, too (haven't tried them but saw one being made right in the cafe).

If you are looking for something with lots of choices and a gourmet menu, this isn't the place, but they make a good breakfast sandwich and have biscuits and gravy, too. One time when we went, they brought out a dish of fruit for our toddler - just for fun (and free). Last time, they made her pancake into "Mickey Mouse".

Warning: The bathroom REALLY needs a makeover. It's a tiny space, which is fine, but since it's such a small space you'd think they would be able to redo it quite easily and inexpensively (the walls are literally falling apart!).

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I recommend this little place for breakfast, and it's a local favorite. Good food, inexpensive, and good coffee.