“Hidden Gem”
Review of Mountain Sage Cafe

Mountain Sage Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Groveland
Description: a very friendly organic cafe serving the best espressos in California, outdoor seating in the garden amongst the nursery plants
Reviewed August 31, 2014

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but what a hidden gem! The little coffee shop has some funky history, great photos and interesting drinks. My favorite was the red tea coconut latte. The outside area is charming and great for little ones to stretch their legs.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Cute place with lots of comfy seating and good, free, wi-fi. I had an excellent smoothy, my husband loved his iced tea and we both thought our quiche was very good. We came back again a 2nd day and I had a scone which was excellent. When in the area we will definitely stop again. No table service, just order at bar. Parking out back is a plus.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I lived in Yosemite for three months in 2011, and used to frequently visit the Mountain Sage for coffee, snacks, and wi-fi/cell signal. I loved it there. It's not the type of cafe that serves up elaborate breakfasts, no. But I used to get an iced coffee and a breakfast sandwich, or a bagel, or scone, and just relax in their sitting room to make contact with the outside world for a while. They also have a room full of local art, photography, and goods. Oh, and a collection of books for you to enjoy while you're there. That's how I learned all the ways people have died in Yosemite! Fun stuff.

Outside, there are tons of plants and a few places to sit. They'd have the farmer's market every Saturday which was really awesome, and a couple of times a summer they'd even host a big festival or concert. AND we were able to bring our compost, since they appreciated having something to offset the acidity from their coffee grounds.

I wish there were more places like this. I honestly haven't found anything that comes close since leaving California.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I went to the Mountain Sage Cafe with my husband looking for a small bite to eat and Wi-Fi. We had an iced latte and an iced mocha. My husband had a blueberry scone that was very tasty. I had their quiche of the day which was made, as I was told, by the hotel in town. I LOVE quiche...this sausage quiche was not even edible it was so salty. I returned it to the young woman that waited on us. She said most people say it is not salty enough and that she guessed you can't please everyone. That was a disappointment.
The atmosphere was magical. The setting is right in the middle of a nursery. Tables dispersed throughout made for a very enjoyable, private experience.

I would return again to give it another try just for the atmosphere. I would definitely just go with a scone and beverage the next time.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great place to relax and get a cool drink and enjoy the ambiance of the nursery and gardens. Interesting plants to wander through.

Been to Mountain Sage Cafe? Share your experiences!