Review Highlights
Amazing 2-day tour with John and Vivian!

My family of 11 engaged John and Vivian's tour service for a 2-day tour of Yosemite in March. Prior... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
JanetC3166
Superb guide for Yosemite visit!

We arrived in Yosemite a few nights ago with little planned. We had no guide service, and were... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Wiz628
Seattle, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Groveland
from $181.00
from $207.00
from $269.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip two days his knowledge high sierras el capitan day trip exceeded our expectations top of the line out of the way mile hike into consideration next morning flora and fauna awesome guide great guy thanks john short notice
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Outstanding! Excellent communication. Smart recommendations from the operator which maximized our fun. The guide, Kirsten,was extraordiary and inspiring. Knew all about flowes and trees. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Date of experience: June 2018
Vivian C, Guest Relations Manager at Yosemite Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review! We are extremely happy to hear that you had a very rewarding time backpacking and climbing Half Dome! Our guide Kirsten was honored to guide you in your experience of beautiful Yosemite and looks forward to seeing you again if you ever plan to come back for more!

Vivian and John
YGS

Reviewed June 20, 2018

As a regular hiker in the English Lake District, my two long days with John really exceeded expectations. His detailed knowledge of the geology, wild flowers, wild life, culture and local history added immensely to the enjoyment of my time in Yosemite. It was like hiking with your best friend. The Panorama Trail & Mist Trail on the first day followed by the ascent of the Mono Pass in the High Sierras on the second could be too energetic for some at that altitude. John tailored the trip to suit me and got it spot on. For me the best days of the holiday.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

John was a Great Guide!! He was very informative of the Park inside and out. My sister and I wanted to experience the Park and not be rushed or around a big crowd and he did the job! He listened to what we wanted to experience and went to areas that we would have never seen without a guide. I am so glad we picked John Klienfelter. He made sure we saw all that we could see, and every stop or hike was very well thought out. The Lakes and rapid rivers were beautiful. John made our day at Yosemite a memory that will be treasured. We would definitely use John again and the money spent was well worth it!! A Great Day at Yosemite! Thank again John Klienfelter!!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

My sister and I went with John for the day and he was able to drive so we could gawk at scenery, also knew where to get a great cup of coffee and when we asked to get away from the crowds for a personal experience he took us to a great couple of places and was so attentive the entire time. John made our experience unforgettable and we were able to relax and enjoy the park without the crowds, I saw some of the other groups with too many people stopping at all the crowded spots, we escaped that thanks to John. My sister is interested in trees and wildflowers and his knowledge was impressive, in short if you want a personal experience from someone who loves his work, hire John, fairly priced and worth every penny, I would hire him again.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

John planned a great 4 mile hike for us. We are ages 55-63 and do not hike on a regular basis. He took this into consideration and also gave great suggestions for the day before. Our hike with John was out of the way of the crowds and it was stunning!