Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
10/10 Experience, You could probably do this by yourself, ...but why ?!

My guy wanted to do a rugged backcountry snow camping experience, and I wanted to relax by a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Mokegrl
Kingsburg, California
Two thumbs up

My kids and I enjoyed a wonderful full-day tour with John and Vivian. They were both so warm and... read more

Reviewed September 6, 2020
Jknight957

Recommended experiences in and around Groveland
from $218.00
from $179.00
from $218.00
from $209.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip guide service glacier point two days his knowledge el capitan guided tour ansel adams wilderness bridal veil falls experienced guide short notice perfect guide majestic hotel two thumbs tunnel view nice guy an added bonus
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

John was a Great Guide!! He was very informative of the Park inside and out. My sister and I wanted to experience the Park and not be rushed or around a big crowd and he did the job! He listened to what we wanted to experience and went to areas that we would have never seen without a guide. I am so glad we picked John Klienfelter. He made sure we saw all that we could see, and every stop or hike was very well thought out. The Lakes and rapid rivers were beautiful. John made our day at Yosemite a memory that will be treasured. We would definitely use John again and the money spent was well worth it!! A Great Day at Yosemite! Thank again John Klienfelter!!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

My sister and I went with John for the day and he was able to drive so we could gawk at scenery, also knew where to get a great cup of coffee and when we asked to get away from the crowds for a personal experience he took us to a great couple of places and was so attentive the entire time. John made our experience unforgettable and we were able to relax and enjoy the park without the crowds, I saw some of the other groups with too many people stopping at all the crowded spots, we escaped that thanks to John. My sister is interested in trees and wildflowers and his knowledge was impressive, in short if you want a personal experience from someone who loves his work, hire John, fairly priced and worth every penny, I would hire him again.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

John planned a great 4 mile hike for us. We are ages 55-63 and do not hike on a regular basis. He took this into consideration and also gave great suggestions for the day before. Our hike with John was out of the way of the crowds and it was stunning!

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Booked John for a day trip for a group of 8 seniors. They were very pleased with his personality and how he was able to share his vast knowledge of Yosemite. John was very accommodating to everyone’s level of hiking ability and was able to take them to great spots throughout the park. The group all felt it was money well spent to have John give them a specialized tour. Do not miss an opportunity to use John’s guide service when visiting Yosemite.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We were two couples planning a trip to Yosemite, and found John. He's great! We were there in October while the fires were raging in the Napa Valley, and there were a some fires in Yosemite. He planned our two days so that the first day we went to Glacier Point before the crowds got bad, then came back to the Valley after the smoke had dissipated somewhat. The second day he took us on a great hike just outside the park in an area that was not crowed at all. He made the best use of our limited time and we saw more than we ever could on our own. He's lived near Yosemite his entire life, so knows the area and the history, and loves to share his knowledge. He's a great guide that I can highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2017