Review Highlights
Amazing 2-day tour with John and Vivian!

My family of 11 engaged John and Vivian's tour service for a 2-day tour of Yosemite in March. Prior... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
JanetC3166
Superb guide for Yosemite visit!

We arrived in Yosemite a few nights ago with little planned. We had no guide service, and were... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Wiz628
Seattle, Washington

Recommended experiences in and around Groveland
from $181.00
from $207.00
from $269.00
More Info
All reviews backpacking trip two days his knowledge high sierras el capitan day trip exceeded our expectations top of the line out of the way mile hike into consideration next morning flora and fauna awesome guide great guy thanks john short notice
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This was mine and my family's first time to Yosemite. We wanted to make sure it was a good trip and that we saw as much as we could in a day. Having John as our tour guide made that happen! We had an amazing time, and of course, Yosemite was breathtaking. John took care of all the details, the only job we had was to enjoy ourselves. We would highly recommend John as a tour guide. He was accommodating, friendly, fun, and informative. Book a trip with John - you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017

On a cross country trip with our family of 6 (4 kids ages 9-14) in an RV we hired John to show us Yosemite. We only had 2 days & didn't have a car. The shuttle would've taken 1 1 /2 hours each way & then we would have to find our way around. That was the main reason we decided to have a guide, but it turned out to be SO much more! He was also much more reasonable than any other guides. John was able to pick us up at our campground & take us to all the "must-sees" in Yosemite the first day. We ate lunch in a beautiful meadow and got to hike to Sentinel Dome, Bridal Veil Falls, Glacier Point, and so much more! We were gone for over 10 hours. He is a wealth of knowledge & loves to share this amazing park with visitors! He gave us many choices & we choose to hike the Panorama Trail for the 2nd day. It was an 8+ mile hike (mostly downhill) that had amazing views the entire day. Ann Marie was our guide and was such a great help - especially with the kids. She truly loves hiking and it shows. What an awesome day! We never would've attempted this on our own. It would've taken us a week to see everything by ourselves and we never would've have learned as much about Yosemite. I cannot recommend him highly enough! My husband is already talking about going back & doing a backpacking trip with him. He was great with the kids also. His personality is great - it was like visiting an old friend! This was the best decision I could've made to make our time at Yosemite unforgettable! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed April 21, 2017

My daughter and friend and I hired John and Yosemite Guide Service to experience as much of Yosemite as possible during 2 days in the Park the first week of April. We could not have asked for anything more from our time with John getting to know the wonders of such an awesome national treasure. In addition to taking us to just the right places to truly appreciate all that Yosemite offers, John guided us beyond the beauty we were seeing by explaining the history of Yosemite's development, both in terms of how nature formed the valley and how people over the centuries have impacted the area. After our short adventure we left with a fully appreciation of the visible and invisible factors that have combined over the years to make the Park and a deeper reverence for the beauty and grandeur that is Yosemite. Thanks John!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank AnnDatLakeMi
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I can't say enough good things about John and Yosemite Guide Service. We went out on a 3 day / 2 night backpacking adventure and it was exactly the trip we were looking for. The area he took us to was absolutely beautiful, it was like hiking through a postcard. He was very knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating to our group, which included a 10 year old and we moved at a pace that was comfortable for her throughout the hike. He supplied all of the equipment and food. He even went over food options with us to make sure the kiddo would be happy. If anybody is thinking about hiking in that area I strongly recommend using Yosemite Guide Service!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My daughter and I just returned from a short trip to Yosemite National Park. We had only 3 days to see the park so we hired John for two of those three days. It was absolutely the best thing we could have done!

John is friendly, supportive, flexible and intelligent. He knows so much about Yosemite and eco-systems and his immense store of knowledge made our experiences infinitely richer. Both my daughter and I suffer from asthma. John tailored our hikes and other activities to accommodate our specific needs. He kept us away from the crowds and took us to so many beautiful places that we never would have seen on our own. On top of all that he was completely prepared with water and snacks and packs and handi-wipes. John made our trip truly memorable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend all visitors to Yosemite hire John to guide your way. If you like dogs, be sure to ask that he bring his assistant, Parker!

Date of experience: August 2016