Review Highlights
Yosemite with John is different!

We just loved our trip! John told us everything you need to know about Yosemite. The kids, 10,9 and... read more

Reviewed January 25, 2019
Patricio A
via mobile
Photography tour

John is a fabulous tour guide who knows every spot and trail to see for beauty and great pictures... read more

Reviewed December 1, 2018
tmasso00
Groveland, California
via mobile

All reviews backpacking trip glacier point his knowledge high sierras two days day trip worth every penny tuolumne meadows top quality off the beaten path great hike top of the line out of the way mile hike into consideration guided tour flora and fauna
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My daughter and I just returned from a short trip to Yosemite National Park. We had only 3 days to see the park so we hired John for two of those three days. It was absolutely the best thing we could have done!

John is friendly, supportive, flexible and intelligent. He knows so much about Yosemite and eco-systems and his immense store of knowledge made our experiences infinitely richer. Both my daughter and I suffer from asthma. John tailored our hikes and other activities to accommodate our specific needs. He kept us away from the crowds and took us to so many beautiful places that we never would have seen on our own. On top of all that he was completely prepared with water and snacks and packs and handi-wipes. John made our trip truly memorable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend all visitors to Yosemite hire John to guide your way. If you like dogs, be sure to ask that he bring his assistant, Parker!

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank lrich17
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

My uncle and I hired John for our first backpacking trip. To say that the trip was amazing doesn't even cover it! John was very thorough with explaining all the equipment and offering tips. I enjoyed learning about all the different ecosystems, that was an added bonus. The places John took us were simply breathtaking. The extra money we spent to get a personalized trip was so worth it. By the end of the trip John felt like family!

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

A friend and I got the idea to climb Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. After doing some research we decided to get a guide to help us along the way. We chose John, and Yosemite Guide Service for a 2 night, 3 day hiking trip.
We had a group of four ladies. We were a little leary of what to expect going off in the backwoods with a stranger.
John put us at ease real quick. His good personality, and knowledge of the area was great. He supplied all of the packs, food and anything else we needed for the trip. John was very easy going and was accommodating to our needs. He gave us a great idea ahead of time, for what to expect, what we needed to bring.
One from our group was running late due to a flight delay, and John was very flexible and communicated with us very well.
We had a great time and would not hesitate to have John lead us again in the future on any other adventures. Thank you for a great memorable trip!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Laurah B
Reviewed October 10, 2015

My husband and I recently went on a 3 day/2 night camping trip with John as our guide. What a great choice! No heavy backpacks to carry and John took us to the Hoover Wilderness hiking in areas that we would have never found on our own. He took the time to find out what type of hikes we wanted, our abilities and was very knowledgeable about the area. After a long day of hiking, it was nice to come back to have the tents set up and air mattresses and warm sleeping bags to sleep on. John is a great cook and went out of his way to find gluten free food. We had a great time and would highly recommend him.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank cbmel2015
Reviewed October 9, 2015

ive been going on guided hiking trips for over 25 years and even thought Yosimite has been on my list, I finally got there. My good fortune was that I chose John as my guide, I had a perfect trip! I chose to do this hike one on one because of a combination of my past experiences hiking in groups and because I'm 64 years old. My goal was to see the beauty, hike the Sierra's and have the best time ever and I did! John's knowledge, skill and personality made it my favorite hiking trip I have ever taken. To say he went above and beyond would be an understatement. Thank you John and I look forward to a springtime trip. Ruthie

Date of experience: October 2015