“Excellent Mexican Cuisine!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cocina Michoacana
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, IL
“Excellent Mexican Cuisine!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We are a very picky family when it comes to Mexican food, since we live in Chicago, and there are numerous excellent places to choose from. We found this restaurant to have mouthwatering delectable food!!! I had some of the best tostadas that I've ever had!!!! Great wait staff, and great food make this a must do in Groveland!!!!!!

• Visited July 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“Nice Staff good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I ate at Cocina Michoacana on the suggestion of our Inn Keeper. The restaurant had a lot of authentic Mexican dishes, and the food was a great value. The staff was friendly and seemed to welcome all travelers. On my next trip to Yosemite, I will be sure to stop there again. ***Tip, try the Horchata. Yum.

Visited June 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
“Solid Mexican cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Along with the usual Mexican entrees, there were a few regional offerings from Michoacan, the owners' home state. Funky interior - maybe a little TOO funky. They badly need to install new cleaner looking carpeting. Soft drinks only.

Visited June 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I ate here after a long day of hiking on one of my recent trips out to Yosemite, and I was extremely satisfied. Firstly, the service was excellent. I came in around 9:50pm even though the restaurant was supposed to close at 10pm, and they were happy to seat me and accommodate me even right before closing time. My server was extremely friendly, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. And, most importantly, the food was excellent! Very tasty, fresh, authentic Mexican food. The portion size was very generous as well! I will definitely be coming back here on my next trip.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alana A
Oakland, California
“Best food we had around Yosemite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

We ate here after three pretty terrible dinners at other places in the area. For it's location, I would give it 5 stars. If it was in the middle of SF, maybe not, but the food was great after a day of long hiking. Also they have beer and pretty tasty sangrias. The ambience is cheerful and boisterous and the food was filling. Complimentary chips while you wait. Seriously wish we would have come here our first night in the area!

Also I think this isn't listed correctly in terms of location. It's right in the heart of groveland near all of the other restaurants

• Visited June 2014