“Cute little diner-style restaurant, average food”

Buck Meadows Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The restaurant is near Yosemite Ridge Resort on route 120
Santa Cruz, CA
“Cute little diner-style restaurant, average food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ordered the hot turkey dinner, thinking that would be the kind of thing this kind of restaurant would do well. It was fine, but nothing special. The turkey was sliced very thin, reminding me more of lunchmeat than fresh roasted turkey. The stuffing had an unexpected taste, as if they'd accidentally substituted cumin or something for the usual sage. The rest of the family had burgers, which were fine, but nothing special. We shared a piece of coconut cream pie for dessert and found the crust a bit doughy. You'd think that a place that regularly makes their own pie would have perfected their crust recipe.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Roseville, California
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

On my husbands and mine mini getaway May 1,2,3rd, 2013 we ate Breakfast & Dinner here and I just want to share it with you all. If you travel on the 120, about 12 miles before you get to Yosemite, please stop in and grab a wonderful meal. The food is FRESH and the portions are generous. This is a 50's-60's style restuarant with a great atmostphere. Our server for breakfast was Annette, she was fantastic and was so helpful in directing us to an awesome place for my hubby to do some local fishing, and our other server for dinner was Cheyenne. You won't be sorry you stopped in! Looking forward in stopping in again next year!

• Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Typical greasey spoon diner”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Only restaurant nearby and was very convenient to our motel but the food was only so-so and the service varied between the couple of times we went there. The first time was really great, the waitress was very friendly, making suggestions and joking with us and the other customers. The second time we had to wait forever before our waitress came back to take our order, we could see her the whole time, didn't seem to be doing anything in particular and there were very few other people in the restaurant, then we had to wait long periods for warm-ups on our coffee, our food, and then the bill, what should have been a 30 minute meal turned into over an hour.

Visited April 2013
Cochrane
“Excellent Start to the day”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the motel next door to this restaurant/bar and went here for breakfast. We had a very friendly greeting to a rustic, cozy atmosphere. Annette was quick to serve us and tended to our needs in a welcoming fashion. The breakfast was very good and it kept my wife and I fueled up for a good day of hiking in Yosemite. I would stop there again.

• Visited April 2013
“Local's Choice”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are local residents and frequently eat here. We've never eaten lunch here but have eaten lots of breakfasts and dinners, and we've never had a bad meal. Make sure to save room for a piece of one of their homemade pies -- simply delicious!

• Visited April 2013