“Oasis”

Dori's Tea Cottage & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Groveland
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We invite you to step back in time to enjoy the charming atmosphere of this historical site and to partake in the English tradition of taking tea. Dori's Tea Cottage opened in May 2008 to continue this fine tea tradition and to expand on Dori's life-long love of tea. In 2012, Dori's expanded into the adjacent space that is now Dori's Cafe, which was Groveland's former U.S. Post Office. The Cafe features espresso, gelato, smoothies, fresh brewed iced teas, sandwiches, wraps, quiche, soup, salad and a variety of bakery items. We hope you enjoy your visit - whether you enjoy a quick breakfast, join us for our English tea luncheon, or "Build a Picnic" for your trip to Yosemite.
Elk Grove CA
“Oasis”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Dori's Tea Cottage is an oasis in the desert of highway eateries. A lovely tea is served - plus gourmet cheese, meats, and baked goods are also available. All the necessary items for a special picnic - including the basket if you forgot to pack one. Delightful blends of coffee are served along with Dori's own tea blends. An extended wine list will compliment your long day as you relax outside in her English style garden patio. A great destination.

• Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Sunnyvale, California
“Simply a super place to dine in Groveland”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Tea Cottage has always been excellent and a great value for the money. Dori and her hubby Greg know their stuff. Recently, they opened Dori's Deli to expand the Tea Cottage and the fare is as good as it has always been. The breakfast and lunch wraps are to kill for and the prices are more than fair. I've tried em all and enjoyed them all. My favorites are the breakfast wrap and the beef wrap. Of course, I'm lucky enough to live in Groveland, so I get to go back as often as I like. Today, it was very hot (100+) so I started painting my house early at 7AM and stopped at 10AM when Dori's breakfast wrap started calling me. Prudently I stopped and went into town for breakfast and as usual, it was the right thing to do.

• Visited July 2012
San Francisco, California
“Best place to eat in Groveland, CA!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Don't miss Dori's Tea Cottage if you're in Groveland, CA on your way to Yosemite. Their scones and sandwiches are delicious and so fresh and carefully prepared. Their tea selection is impressive. The presentation is outstanding and their prices are very reasonable. Enjoyed every minute of the relaxing atmosphere and talking with the friendly owners.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Cali4nians
sacramento
“Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Walking around looking for a place to have a drink, saw a sign that said "serving champagne". Sounded weird for a tea house, but we went in. It was as cute as a bug, but didn't seem to be what we were looking for. On our way out the owner stopped us and asked if he could help. I mentioned the sign & he said, "I was waiting for someone to ask". He was soooo nice, & suggested we sit on the patio.

Oh, man, it was just what we needed!! Delicious, cold, sparkling champagne, in a wonderful patio garden setting. The lady owner was watering the flowers, & was very nice/friendly (took our picture), too.

Perfect place to relax!!

Visited June 2012
San Franci
“What a great surprise!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My friend and I were at the beginning of a cross-country road-trip starting in SF, and had decided to take the route through Yosemite. The down-side to this route is that there aren't a lot of food options along the way the first day. Thankfully we stopped in Groveland, in desperation for food before getting to Yosemite and then Nevada, and we happened into Dori's Tea Cottage. Well we're so glad we did. The food was English-style food typically served with Tea (their specialty). I don't like tea very much, and didn't think I liked that kind of food, but wow was it delicious. The Chicken salad sandwich I had was great. My friend ordered an assorted platter of sandwiches. At first I thought the price was kind of high for some small sandwiches, but when the platter came and I tasted several of the items on it, I changed my mind. All of the sandwiches and the couple kinds of cakes were all incredibly delicious. I even had a couple kinds of tea that I liked. If you're in Groveland, you must check this place out!

• Visited May 2012

Been to Dori's Tea Cottage & Cafe? Share your experiences!