“"Camping" with the ammenities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Ridge Resort
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very clean and great place for families to stay. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Great staff with excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank R W
There are newer reviews for Yosemite Ridge Resort

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great location, very clean and quiet. It was very easy to find, right on the highway. We barely had to pack anything, they provided almost everything from linens to dishes and utensils to coffee and a BBQ. We had planned to go Yosemite, but we decided to just stay at the cabins. The kids were able to play outside and we could sit out on the porch in the sunshine.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The room was a little small, and not being familiar with the area, I'd not have stayed so far outside Yosemite had I realised the driving distance to the valley village. It was clean. The futton bed might be a bit hard for some and making it upon arrival was a bit of a hassle. One plus is that the rooms are warm and have showers and wc en suite, which at this time of year counts for a lot.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Meerkat1402
yosemitejoe2, Owner at Yosemite Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Thank you for your mostly positive review. Just a few comments to clarify some comments. Yes, the cabins are small but so is the price! There are many motels and hotels in the area where you can get 2 beds for $179.00 to $220.00 per night. Our Camping Cabins are primarily for up to 2 guests, staying a night or 2 and wanting a clean, comfortable, economical place to spend the night. There is no lodging in the area where you can stay for your suggested price of $50.00 per night except these same Camping Cabins in the off season. The time to Yosemite Village is generally about 45 minutes and we don't advertise otherwise as some do, ie: " 20 miles to Yosemite" (without telling you that distance is only to the gate and then you have another 1/2 hour drive to the valley floor). Overall, it sounds like you had a good stay and I'm glad and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We were lucky enough to stay in the Miner Cabin for a few days while exploring Yosemite NP as part of a roadtrip around the US. After weeks of staying in parks all around the country, Yosemite Ridge was by far the best! The cabins were clean, well-equipped and made us feel right at home! Between the friendly and knowledgable staff, great location outside the park and beautiful scenery, it was a perfect way to see Yosemite!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Fennell8086
Reviewed October 5, 2011

The cabins were very clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and professional. The owner Joe could not be more helpful. He helped us find quaint little towns and things to do when were were not visiting Yosemite, which is right up the road.The rates are very reasonalble and well worth it. The cabins have direct TV and all the amenities of home placed in an atmosphere of beauty. I will go back and recommend to all my friends. I have already have plans to go again in March.

Room Tip: any room is excellent the miners cabin has a little history of it's own.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank teresa f
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I reserved a family cabin over 1 month in advance. When I checked in I did not get the cabin as shown on their web site. I requested the cabin in the picture on the web site but they were being painted. I was not unhappy. When I made the reservation with Joe, I told him I was checking out the area & the cabin for a family trip in the spring. The cabin I got was the same as garden cottage (no loft) with a small deck attached. I asked for a $10 reduction for each day of my 3 day stay and I would stay where I was. I was told Joe will work something out with me. The next day the family cabin became available but I had already moved all my gear in and it would be a hassle to change as I am a handicapped person, so I stayed in the original cabin as again I was told Joe would work something out with me.

The second day when I said I hadn't heard from Joe, they said he would be by that evening. He didn't come. Joe showed up at 9:40pm on the third day, my last night and refused to give me a $30 credit even though I planned another visit in the spring.

The cabin was very clean & charming but the refrigerator had been set to the lowest setting and all my fresh vegetables froze and were spoiled, so I ended up eating my meals in their restaurant which is just mediocre but reasonable priced. Also there is no counter area to prepare food & limited food preparation utensils in the cabin. There are no telephones or WiFi in the cabins and cell service is marginal at best.

The staff, except for Joe, were very friendly and accommodating. The General Store is fairly well stocked except for no fresh vegetables.

I will not be staying at Yosemite Ridge Resort again.

I drove 300 miles to get here but when I come back in the spring I will stay at America's Best Value Hotel, next door and considerable cheaper.

Note: I am an experienced traveler and stay at hotel at least 300 times each year. This trip has
taught me to deal with a rated establishment, for example AAA or AARP rated. Yosemite Ridge Resort is not rated by these nor in their travel books.

Room Tip: Confirm the exact accommodations you will receive. The newer Family cottages do not have a loft but...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank michaelc647

Mike, You are correct that you didn't get the Loft Model Family Cabin pictured on the website but one of the new Family Cabins with bunk beds. As you were one person we didn't think you would have a problem with that and as you mention you are 70 and handicapped so probably wouldn't have used the steep stairs to the loft anyway. I was gone the first 2 days you were there having cataract surgery and had told the staff to give you a $10.00 discount you asked for or to give you a loft model the 2nd. day you were there which you requested. When it was time to move you said you changed your mind and repeatedly asked to see me. I felt that I had done all I could do to satisfy you by offering the discount you requested or the loft model the next day. When I stopped by the third night you were there it was not to negotiate anything but merely to tell you your wife hadn't heard from you in three days and was worried about you. One last point. It is very common, in the lodging industry, to have people say they are " checking out the facility for a large group" and ask for a discount or special treatment as you did on several occasions with the girls in the store. We do give a discount to legitimate large groups on booking but not to those who are just "checking us out". As to my not being friendly or accommodating like to rest of my staff I can only say that your treament of me when I did come by makes me think that you "should treat others as you wish to be treated". I did not need you to redo my website or any of the other various suggestions you had.

You are also correct that there are no phones in the cabins, only a pay phone out front and you dohave to move arount a bit to get Verizon cell service. As you know we do have free WIFI in the restaurant. As someone who stays 300 nights per year in hotels it is always good to check the fridge on arrival in case housekeeping missed resetting it.

I would like to invite you to bring your group up in the spring as you mentioned and I will be glad to give you a loft model and a discount if you are booking multiple units.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We went searching on the internet for a campground near Yosemite when we left Reno and found this campground. Boy, we are so glad! The owner and staff could not have been more accomodating and friendly. We enjoyed the campsite they recommended to us and our planned three day stay turned into a full week. The facilities were immaculate. We will certainly visit Joe and staff when we get back to their area again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank theStarrs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#5 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite View Lodge
Yosemite View Lodge
#1 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Yosemite Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!