“Gratitude!”
Review of The Hideaway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
The Hideaway Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just had to go to Greenville for a furneral and stayed at the Hideaway. The kindness and passion of the owner Bink was so appreciated. Our room was very clean and warm as it was very cold up there. Snow, Snow! Our bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. I have read many of the reviews and I'm happy Bink has figured out how to run a clean, comfortable and safe hotel in such an area. Greenville is a beautiful spot, so lovely to go and explore. So a big thank you to bink for all of his hard work. I'm happy I have found a charming little place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Terri B

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I had occasion to be in Greenville to visit with her mother for Mother's Day in May of this year.We stayed for 7 days in the HIDEWAY MOTEL,the rate was a little steep for the age of the motel but the owner" Bink " was very accomidating,the bed was great,water was hot,and overall an agreeable experiance.

Room Tip: We were in Room # 4,the toilet did WE were in Unit #4 the bed was great,the toilet didn't...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rex W
Reviewed June 25, 2012

If you're looking for five star luxury, go back to the city! But if you're exploring the beautiful area near Lake Almenor and Lassen, this is a great little hotel.
The owner is a very kind and welcoming man who shows pride in his property. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, circa 1970-80's, but everything was very clean and the bedding was comfortable. I would recommend he invest in a nice memory foam pad to cushion the bed a bit, but the mattress isn't horrible.
I would say this hotel compares with the room you'd find at a hotel 6, but you're getting a great host and a beautiful setting. I would stay again if I find myself in this sweet town.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank MattAndEmilysTravels
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I spent two February nights in room #9 of this motel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It's no Taj Mahal, but the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the gas wall heater cranked out an amazing amount of BTUs, and the shower was hot with plenty of pressure and spray. The host, Bink, was very gracious and attentive. The room included a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and free WiFi. The TV was small, but I'm not a TV watcher so it didn't matter to me. I would definitly stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank ChicoRanMan
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is the place to stay if you're looking to really "get away from it all." The Hideaway is nestled in the woods, surrounded by beautiful, giant Oak and Redwood Trees. Sitting on your porch in the morning with your cup of coffee, you'll enjoy watching the birds, squirrels and chipmunks as they begin their day along with you. At night, the Milky Way is visible, something sadly missing in our cities. The rooms are not new, but very clean and well-ammended and the beds are very comfortable. The owner is very nice and available to answer questions about the surrounding area--he knows it well.

If you're looking for casinos, fast-food restaurants or box-stores, this is not the place for you. But, if you enjoy nature and all she has to offer, I highly recommend the Hideaway.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank NatureGirl273
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place is a dump, considering we paid over $92 per night for it. The lovely Mr. Bink walked us to the cabin and politely announced, take it easy with the toilet, it leaked last winter and I haven't had time to fix it. OK..... He told us this bed is firm and this one is softer. They both felt like rocks. I do have to say it did smell nice (is that cleaniness or good ventilation?) Oh and don't believe that they have hair dryers, irons, they didn't even have any hangers in the closet. The stricker plate was off the door. No kitchen as advertised, yeah it had a microwave and little fridge (I didn't even look in them), and it did have a coffee pot and coffee.

Got you trapped with their 7 (seven) day cancellation policy. Never ever heard of that before. Too bad this Mr. Bink cannot keep up the maintenance with the prices he charges.

Room Tip: What are the amenities provided, i.e. iron, phone, coffee, kitchen, internet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank April C
Reviewed October 29, 2010

If you are looking for a simple cottage-style base from which to explore gorgeous Plumas County, this is a sure bet. The owner, Bink, is extremely friendly and helpful; a great guy. Our cottage, which is in a line of cottage-rooms, had 2 rooms and a tiny but adequately equipped kitchen. Wall-type heater was a bit loud but did the job fine; bed was the spring mattress type. Bathroom was clean, everything worked fine. Location is beautiful, near a lot of lovely nature attractions. The nearby town has restaurants and services. Round Valley and lake are very near by; in fall the dogwood turns red--altogether making for a fabulous trip!

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank ReturningKamaaina

Been to The Hideaway Motel? Share your experiences!