“Patient, Friendly, Comfortable. Just what we needed!”

St. Thomas Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Best Dive Shop for 2016. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. .
Medina, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Patient, Friendly, Comfortable. Just what we needed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I got our SCUBA certifications about 15 years ago, before kids, and haven't been diving much at all since then. I had more experience than my wife, but it had been a long time for both of us. We really wanted to be able to take advantage of the great diving that St. Thomas has to offer on our 15th anniversary trip there, so we set about taking a refresher course near home before we left. That made us feel better, but my wife still had some concerns. She tends to have a bit of an involuntary anxiety when water touches her nose, and she struggled with it some during the refresher course and was a little anxious about becoming panicky while diving. Also, I injured my back just a couple of weeks before our trip, so I knew getting into (and out of) my gear was going to be an issue for me.

Don't we sound like great customers for a SCUBA diving operation? Wouldn't you be thrilled to have to deal with us?

We made reservations well in advance of our trip, but happened to stop by the shop the day before we were supposed to dive. We explained my wife's concerns to the wonderfully helpful woman in the shop and she was extremely patient and understanding and helped us to modify our reservations in order to allow my wife to start off with some easier dives and work her way up to build confidence. We ended up doing 8 dives with STDC during the week we were there and had the time of our lives! In fact, we ended up adding more dives to our reservation because we were having such a great time. The divemasters and boat captains were so patient and understanding with my wife, and went out of their way to make sure I could don and doff my gear comfortable in the water. After finishing all of our dives for the week my wife and I were talking about how much fun we had and how great STDC was to work with. She actually started crying because she was so appreciative of them and their professionalism and hospitality.

So, Jimi, Jashae, Dave, Lauren, and all the rest - thank you so much for caring for us, seeing beyond our anxieties and temporary physical limitations, and giving us such a wonderful experience. We'll be back - with our kids next time! :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Josh W

Oswego, Illinois
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Awesome bunch of Divers running the show !! Dove with them 17 times while in St Thomas and enjoyed every single dive... Dave, Jim and Joshay are fantastic !! Will come back again..

Visited August 2014
Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Discover Scuba Was A Blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had a great time with these guys. We took our college bound kids on cruise with a stop in St Thomas. While we have all be snorkeling many times, only my husband had any diving experience. None of us were certified and we were going to be late getting off the ship for the usual schedule. I was amazed that they arranged a schedule just for us so that we would be able to catch a 2 tank dive and get back to the ship in plenty of time. Everyone had a great experience. Saw an octopus at the shipwreck!

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Crew! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate to go diving with them for a two tank morning dive and a night dive. Our kids also took the Discover Scuba class and loved it. Dawn, Jimmy, Josha, Dan were all a great and very skilled group. Thanks for everything!

1 Thank Stacy L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“St Thomas Diving Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

The dive club is a friendly bunch with a staff fully dedicated to meeting all your diving needs and ensuring you have a great diving experience......definitely diving with them again next time we're visiting St Thomas

Visited July 2014