“perfect start to a honeymoon”

St. Thomas Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Best Dive Shop for 2016. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. .
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband surprised me with the discover scuba trip on the first day of our honeymoon. I was nervous when we first got into the pool but Laurent did a great job of teaching us what to do. J.T. was our boat captain and he spent about 10 minutes just talking me about the dive and reassuring me. Drew took us down and it was amazing. I wound up having a lot of trouble equalizing on the second dive and had to come up to the boat, but drew and j.t. were still so patient and fun. I highly recommend using the St. Thomas Dive Club on your next trip!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our trip was excellent, the staff very friendly and helpful. The swell was a little high at our first dive spot and my girlfriend had a bit of a panic attack going into the water. The captain and divemaster took care of her, got her calmed down and back into the water in a few minutes. The next time we are in St Thomas, we will definitely dive with them! Thanks Dave and JT for a great trip!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a great team to dive with. I went out for three days with Captain JT and Divemaster Dave and they took us to so many nice spots. Lots of variety, and the coral is in surprisingly good shape at depth (I say at depth because later I went snorkeling and found lots of coral damage where the water was shallow). Most of the dives were 35 - 60 feet. The Navy Barges dive was excellent, as was the Coral Bowl. Saw nurse sharks, rays, trumpet fish, huge parrotfish, lobsters, shrimp, turtles, etc. Lots of stuff to look at.

JT's boat is large and comfortable. Plenty of area to be in shade or sun. And it's pretty fast so you're not motoring for long to get to a dive spot. Dave was a very attentive divemaster. Both he and JT had some great advice for some new divers we had with us one day. Lots of experienced divers on board, also.

Usually we had only six divers per dive, so the dives were relaxed and fun. It's nice when there's not a huge crowd down there.

The shop staff was also very friendly and helpful. This is a great operation - I'd dive with them again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just spent Thursday and Friday with the Staff of St. Thomas Diving Club. I have been a diver for over 30 years and my wife had expressed an interest in learning to dive. After a failed initial try, at a different dive shop, Doug made a commitment to work with her and after a short bit of anxiety, on my wife's part, he accomplished the task and she made her first two dives. With this type of leadership, those that have had a less than successful attempt else where but would still like to explore the underwater treasures of the Caribbean, they can help anyone achieve their goals. The attitude and patience of the staff is the best I've encountered in the years I have lived in the Virgin Islands. If you are an experienced diver or a new potential diver the experience at the St. Thomas Diving Club is worth checking out. You can visit them on their Facebook page.

1  Thank wpbcoop
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We dove out of the shop on Sunday 9/1 and had the boat to ourselves. JT and Sean took great care of us and the diving (especially dive tanks site) was phenomenal. Went back out with them on 9/3 and had a more crowded boat (11 divers), but the crew of three did a great job getting everyone in and out of the water and creating a safe, fun environment. We rented bc's and regs and the equipment was in great shape.