“If you plan to dive in a great place, get a great group to take you”

St. Thomas Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Best Dive Shop for 2016. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. .
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The diving is outstanding in this part of the Carribean so don't gamble with a dive shop that may not get it right. A really good day's diving means making judgement calls about weather, water clarity, and where the sea-life is likely to be found. This shop makes the right calls and upholds the highest standards of quality. Safety and well-being of the divers is given high priority and everyone saw a shark, barracuda, rays, turtles ... a parade of hits. Tough balance to strike, carried off well.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Captain JT and Dave were great. We were two snorkelers with a group of 5 divers, but JT made sure it wasn't all about the divers and we were able to enjoy ourselves. We were not hurried and not crowded, unlike the catamarans we saw with 20+ snorkelers in a group, all swimming together in a big cluster. It was a short boat ride to see a ship wreck, coral, lots of fish, rays, and lots of turtles. Clear and calm water was great for all. The dive shop and pier is located on the Bolongo Bay Resort property, which was where we were staying and it was very convenient. JT and Dave are not burnouts, like a lot of dive masters, but they really enjoy themselves and truly want their guests to have a good time.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Captain JT, Dave and Shawn make this experience amazing. I've never dived before and they make you feel safe and like you have your own personal dive instructor! Diving with the turtles and the rays in beautiful clear water was perfect!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our group included 3 newly certified divers whose only experience was their checkout dives, one more experienced diver with plenty of local (South Carolina) dive experience, but no Caribbean diving, and two veterans from Long Island, NY. The staff and crew helped us book last minute (due to last-minute change to our cruise itinerary) and made certain that all our needs were met: arranged for transportation to and from our ship, correctly sized and well-maintained rentals, knowledgeable and personable dive master who gave everyone an excellent experience. All three of the new divers were overwhelmed by the experience. JT gave them clear instructions beforehand, was attentive and especially helpful for the first descent, and was an excellent guide who pointed out and identified many, many beautiful creatures. My brother and I (the veterans) were thrilled with the choice of sites, even though we were unable to dive a wreck (too many other boats). I am glad that the captain made the decision to dive another absolutely beautiful reef rather than risk the poor visibility and confusion that can occur with multiple groups diving the same site. Good decision making is the sign of a first-rate dive operation. Many thanks to all.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Love Love Love the crew at St Thomas Diving Club Bolongo Bay. Dave Sean Kiersten and Sean. Also the help from the shop crew was outstanding as well. Very nice and Friendly

Last year my son and I took discover scuba diving course while staying at Bolongo Bay. We had such a great experience, thanks to our instructor Kiersten, that we made it a priority to get open water certified before returning this year. We dove 4 out of our 7 days while in St Thomas. My son age 11 and Husband even went on an awesome night dive. I truly appreciate all of them for the memories. Sharks, turtles, barracudas the pottery from ship wreck and so much more. I would like to say a special Thank You to JT for making my Birthday Dives AWESOME!!! You were terrific, I really enjoyed the writing board you used to tell us what we were looking at and all the cool things you showed us, you also did a wonderful job helping me rig up each day and with assistance with weights. I am already saving for next years trip. YES!! We will be back to see you.