“Excellent Dive Shop w/ Top-Notch Staff”

St. Thomas Diving Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Best Dive Shop for 2016. St. Thomas Diving Club, located on the south side of St. Thomas, is a PADI authorized 5-Star IDC facility that caters to everyone from the beginning snorkeler to the experienced diver. Our staff of knowledgeable instructors is always on hand to provide you with an exceptional diving experience. .
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I vacationed in St. Thomas during March 2011. We are recreational divers, logging a few dives on each vacation we take. So, though we haven't logged hundreds of dives, we have a LOT of experience with different dive shops. Without a doubt, St. Thomas Diving Club is one of the best we have ever encountered. From the first moment we stepped into the shop, we were warmly welcomed and accomodated. We had a difficult time choosing which dives we wanted to do but Andre took as much time as we needed to carefully explain each dive and what we could see. (He can give you all of the juicy details! Just ask!) My ambitious and adventurous husband really wanted to do a 100 ft wreck dive (the Grainton) that was on the schedule for the next morning but I was a little nervous for our first dive to be my deepest and most advanced. We decided to go for it, but I definitely had butterflies. The next morning I was even more nervous once I saw the other divers were mostly staff members (ex or current) and a few guys with their own equipment. Apparently the dive was quite the attraction, even for locals. As it turned out, I was surrounded by a boatful of people who made me feel at ease and comfortable. Everyone was so warm and encouraging! Kiersten was our dive master; she knew I was nervous and was with me the whole way (100 ft) down. There was a strong current and at one point she actually held my hand to get me in position to see some sharks (awesome!). It was an incredible dive thanks to the care and attentiveness of the staff. My husband and I also did a stellar night dive of a nearby wreck and received the same amazing service and care. These folks are a class act. We rented equipment and it was all in great shape and up-to-date. My husband and I were interested in buying some masks so Andre helped us choose/fit them and then encouraged us to try them out on a dive before buying. Nice! All in all, I cannot think of one area of our experience with St. Thomas Diving Club that could be improved. They are #1 on TripAdvisor for good reason!

Reviewed April 29, 2011

We dove with STDC in March my wife obtained her Scuba card and is looking forward to getting her open water. Jenn was a tremendous help in coordinating our trip and meeting our every request. Chris did the training with my wife and made her feel at ease. We both had a great time diving the Cartanza and swimming with the turtles.

Can't wait to go back

Reviewed April 24, 2011

this was our first dive since certification. We also had our 7 year old with us. We recieved great help in planning two days of two tank dives, and provided a guide to surpervise and snorkel with our little girl. The dives were planned to refamilarize us with diving and take advantage of various different dive experiences. From coral reefs with lots of marine life, to a wreck and then Calf and Cow. We loved it all. They picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel, a short ride from Ritz. Great customer experience, care and attention. Would highly recommend them.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

St. Thomas dive club does a great job at taking the time to schedule dives according to who's on board. An inexperienced diver is nit going to be pushed beyond where they are comfotable, just as a seasoned diver us not going to want to be held back. St. Thomas Dive Club does a great job at matching divers with correct dives!!!
Also the staff is very nice. I have been living in St. Thomas for 6 months a diving quite frequently. Could not be any more pleased with the staff. From Jenn behind the counter, to Chris captaining the boat. Just try your best to let them know what kind of dive you are looking for and they will do there absolute best to see to it the you are not disappointed.
And about the pricing, they are very competitive on price. Expecially when you consider the lengths at which they will go to see to it that you have a great experience. Most dive shops try to stay close to home base, and I understand that with deisel being well over five dollars a gallon. But for instance this morning we went on a dive that was approximately 6 miles south of the island for the regular rate. All the way down to dive guides calling personal friends to get enough people together to make a dream dive possible for someone like me!!!
No I don't work there, just was asked to write a review when I left this morning and I hope it wasn't to lengthy for you.....Trey

Reviewed April 12, 2011

We were limited on days left to our trip and were debating our activity options, we decided that the half day snorkel adventure seemed like we would get the best bang for the buck, and we were totally correct. They took us to 2 "dive spots" a ship wreck and turtle bay, and offered us a third if we had wanted. Chris and Stephanie (I think I remember the names correctly) were knowledgeable and helpful, and made sure our whole group had a terrific time. The were really great about seeing to the little things, from answering all of our questions to providing us with orange slices, lemonade and candy to get ride of the salt water taste after each dive. I could not give them a higher level of recommendation. Do not miss

1  Thank connolly206