“Lunch at Willow Wood Market Cafe”

Willow Wood Market Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Graton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We took a day trip from Bodega Bay driving the loop up highway 1, down 116 through Forestville through Graton and Sebastopol and then back to Bodega Bay. Great trip with a lunch stop at Willow Wood Market Cafe. Weather was perfect, the place was packed but we got right in for an excellent lunch. We both had chicken salad served over chopped up romaine lettuce that had a dressing mixed into it. One of the best chicken salads I've ever had. There was outside seating that we didn't want to wait for but looked fun. Service was good and they had some interesting items for sale in and around the market. Check them out.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I live near Willow Wood, and eat there once in a while for a "night on the town," for a great polenta dish or special. I told the owner years ago that the best polenta I ever had in Italy, was right here in Graton. Try the roasted vegie ragout polenta, pork tenderloin with shitake polenta, or rock shrimp on polenta. Soups and salads are great. I usually get the Market Plate, which has a sampling of polenta, sauteed spinach, campozola (yummy cheese) toast and a boiled egg,an d if you dont eat meat, switch the coppa with eggplant. They have chicken, fish, steak, and only a couple vegan options (some soups - ask to avoid the sour cream), salads (ask to skip the cheese). I wish they would do more vegan options. I dont drink, but good beer and wine choices, and the cappuccino or lates come in a big bowl, like in Europe. You wont be disappointed. Also great brunch and lunch options.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had lunch here on a bike trek. Despite being a very busy day our large group was quickly seated and served . The food was outstanding. Fresh ,original and excellently prepared . Do not let the name fool you this is a full fledged restaurant. If you are in the wine country it is worth the detour to eat here.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stopped here on a bike tour, and the 16 of us were seated and served with friendliness and speed. The menu goes beyond your normal market deli offerings with interesting salads, sandwiches and polenta dishes. I would love to go back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Coming from a predominantly Jewish family I have found many good uses for Challah whether it is fresh or days old. The folks at the Willow Wood Cafe know what I'm talkin' about. Challah French toast is the thing to do with your days old bread, and they do it well.

I had eaten lunch at the Willow Wood some months earlier and still remember the cheese melting down the sides of my toasted sandy that I liked so much. That is what brought me back to check out the breakfast menu and I was not disappointed. I guess next time I have to try dinner althought he bocci courts in the back yard on the other side of the street were calling out to me.

Graton is a cute, small town, but worth a stop for breakfaast or lunch at the Willow Wood or it's sister spot.