“Comfortable, clean and dependable”
Review of Gold Miners Inn

Gold Miners Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We've stayed here a number of times are always pleased. The facility provides a morning buffet which is both convenient and cost effective (included in price of room). Located in close proximity to HWY 49, you have easy access in both directions. Front desk staff is always eager and willing to help with your requests. This is our hotel of choice in Grass Valley.

Room Tip: Try the restaurant located next door in the Victorian House. It's really good (Italian).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chuck G

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We purchased a fantastic deal on PriceLine and we were placed in an Excutive Suite. Believe me, it was sweet. The room was large with a sitting area for watching tv or reading. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with up-to-date decor'. The bed was the best, comfy, fluffy and clean! We stayed one night because we had to get up early the next morning to meet our White Water Rafting Guide and it was a close drive to the site.
Stores were walking and driving distance, this hotel was conveniently situated for our needs.
You must try their Max's Restaurant on site....dinner was fabulous and breakfast was a large serving and tasty as well, it made it so much easier for us when it came to meals, no wondering where we were going to eat and if it would be worth it. Mini Gym, pool & tub was nice too. Front desk associates were friendly, staff on premises were friendly as well.
I will have to say that this hotel chain will be on my list to search for future stays.

Room Tip: We thought we would hear car noises since we were on the bottom floor and close to the main entrance...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank traveling3
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The property itself is fine. Centrally located, near the historic Grass Valley downtown. Many restaurants within walking distance. The room itself was fine. I was in room # 245 which is a corner room with windows on two sides. The bed was confortable and the room was nicely equipped.
I was staying for 2 nights and the BIG problem I had was that my room was not made up after the first night. To top it off, I went to the fromt desk upon returning to the hotel around 5:30 p.m. where I was informed that housekeeping was gone for the day and there was nothing that the man at the front desk could do. I had the clear impression he was telling me "Too bad, so sad", even though he did not use those words. There was no adjustment or other accomodation made on my bill or otherwise. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very nice. The room was clean enough on my first night, but not the second due...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank UWJJ
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I like Holiday Inn Express Hotels ,let me just say that first. I would rate this one in the middle of all those at which I've stayed. The rooms were adequately clean but not very quiet. The location, however, is perfect if you want to walk around the historic area of Grass Valley. Plus, its right off of Hwy 49, so just a quick trip up the road to get to historic Nevada City. We actually stayed here twice while on our vacation. The first time was for 4 nights and then we returned a couple of days later for one overnight. The room on the second stay was MUCH nicer and so was the maid service. I don't know what the deal was with our maid service in the first room but they didn't clean the bathroom for two days and didn't vacuum at all. We had to tell the front desk twice to get coffee replaced (we take coffee very seriously first thing in the morning). The breakfast was fine but the pancake machine was broken when we partook of the buffet. This only matters if you've got to have pancakes, of course. The people at the front desk were always pleasant and helpful. They give you two free drink tickets for the evening happy hour (full bar). Seemed like there were a lot of guys hanging out front of the hotel smoking and drinking, though. That was a little weird. I would stay here again but would request a corner room next time. Quieter and lots of windows.

Room Tip: The corner rooms at each end of the halls are really nice with lots of windows!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ShaanonL
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed one night here on business. Hotel is well maintained and staff are terrific. Room was nice and big, wifi worked flawlessly. Breakfast is typical HIE fare, continental plus eggs/bacon/sausage/biscuits. Only complaint is that the elevators are painfully slow, glad there are only 3 floors. Definitely consider this place if you're in the area as a great base to explore the Sierra foothills.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank John K
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Grass Valley with my family as we were attending a wedding in Nevada City. During the reception my elderly aunt fell and hurt her shoulder. I had driven my parents back to the hotel and mentioned to Krystall at the front desk that I was in need of a wheelchair and a way of returning my 92 year old relative to the hotel. She immediately got on the phone making numerous calls on my behalf even enlisting the help of her mother at one point. She went way beyond the call of duty and we eventually were able to solve the problem.

As others have mentioned the hotel is very very nice - with a great hot breakfast. I would highly recommend it for anyone travelling in the Grass Valley - Nevada City area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Would stay again - Newly built - a bit out of place for the historic area - we stayed here 2 nights - perfect for business, conference room ect. A bit pricey but for the money they have 2 hr complimentary cocktail s 5-7pm, well stocked continental breakfast - this alone offsets the price for sure. Pet friendly with 1 time $50 fee no matter how long you stay. No ground floor - inside elevators - thought this would not work out having a doggie - if we had to stay longer probably would pick a different hotel for that reason.Very nice huge reception check in area with fire place ambiance, lots of seating for food and cocktail time, Easy walk to town, Room was $120 night + taxes and doggie fee, 2 queen beds, nice clean as new hotel ,large mini frig and microwave (probably standard per room). Large bathroom-great shower. Small shop for snacks at reception area.
Have not compared other accommodations in Grass Valley as our visit was spur of the moment. Don't forget to eat at Maria's Mex Food in town , and tour the Empire Mine.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Broad Street Inn
Broad Street Inn
#2 of 5 in Nevada City
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Gold Miners Inn? Share your experiences!