“Yawn”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Virtually unchanged except increased prices in over a decade. Boring menu. Lackluster food. Pricey. Nice service. Cute spot but there are a number of better choices.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We went here Saturday of this year’s Father's Day Weekend. First issue, the hostess (who should be warm and welcoming) was a completely frosty, wicked blonde woman who couldn't even crack a smile. We had reservations for a certain section of the restaurant and guess what, our table wasn't ready. We received attitude over that from her. The waitress (Kellie) was very polite and attentive…that is where the good comments will end. We ordered the Calamari and Baked Brie…the Calamari was over cooked and the Baked Brie/Roasted Garlic was tasteless…I didn't even know you could screw that up! We should have walked out after the appetizers…but we didn't. We ordered 4 salads and one of us ordered Italian Wedding Soup. The salads were definitely not fresh and I would bet the soup was canned…it looked just like Campbell’s or Progresso. My Mother in Law and I ordered the Beef Wellington…I ordered Medium and she ordered Medium Rare. She cut into her meat and it was like a hockey puck, completely WELL done. Mine was cooked the way I ordered it, but the sauce on the top was reduced with so much rancid red wine it was not edible. My Mother in Law's meat was rancid…she couldn't eat it. My Father in Law ordered Prime Rib, which was the last to come out 5 minutes later. That was a little frustrating as we all know the rib is already cooked when you order it. My Stepson ordered the Cajun Pasta, it is not Cajun just because you pour a whole bottle of Black Pepper on it. My Husband ordered the Rib Eye and Scallops; his only complaint was the rib eye was slightly over done. The best part…the mashed potatoes (3 of us had them) were INSTANT with a little, and I mean little chunks of real potatoes mixed in. The mixed veggies on my dish were completely over salted. We never complain when we are out, but this was over the top bad. They took off all but $3.95 for my Mother in Law's meal…which to me is tacky…take off the whole thing. This place has major issues, it has an identity crisis. The menu has Italian, Steak, Seafood, and BBQ. My advice cut your menu to something you can cook…and pick one cuisine to focus on. Maybe then you can afford real potatoes!:() I am scared to see the Health Inspection on this place!

1  Thank B_BPrecourt
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Tofanelli's is overpriced and not worth it. Order a burger and be happy but beware of the rest of the menu. Visit Cirino's across the street and money will be much better spent.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

The best ribs I have had anywhere! Tender, juicy and fell off the bone. Amazing.

Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here immensely. This restaurant appears to be supported by the older, seasoned Grass Valley inhabitants and their food reflects their care and interest in their client. Our young waiter easily recommended several dishes based upon hearing our likes & dislikes -- and he was pitch perfect with his choices. If you're looking for a haughty environment, look elsewhere. But if you like great food, wonderful service, and a pleasant atmosphere - this is the place.