“Wow!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Fresno, California, United States
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

You gotta try the Billy Blue Bread! I had the Filet and it was perfect. Ask for Gary. Everyone there is very polite and the service is the best.

Visited July 2014

Camino, California
“Great find and great food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were visiting Grass Valley and checked Tripadvisor for restaurants, so glad we found this place. The food was wonderful, we had prime rib and a filet mignon, both excellent. Great service and atmosphere. So glad we found it!

Ramona, California
“I highly recommend The Owl to all my fellow carnivore’s.”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Owl bar and grill is a great meal and a wonderful experience. Beautiful historic building and the décor is very relaxing. Five steaks were delivered to our table all were done just right as ordered and delicious. Side dishes and salads were very good and all five of us enjoyed our desert. The service was perfect and the staff all very friendly. The quality level of this restaurant makes it a bargain. I highly recommend The Owl to all my fellow carnivore’s.

Visited June 2014
California
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

After several days of camping at a music festival, I wanted something more substantial. Specifically, steak and potatoes. Boy, did I find it here. Did a little research on the internet, and found this highly recommended place. As a single, I was happy sitting at the bar, but there is separate sit down areas also, so you don't have to listen to the shouts from the bar after something exciting happens in whatever game is on the two tv's. I ordered the filet with a baked potato, preceded by a wedge salad. The salad was crisp and cold, just the way I like them. Plenty of dressing and bacon bits. The filet was cooked to perfection, and an excellent piece of meat. It was really an excellent meal. But the topper is the apple pie, made from the owner's "secret recipe," according to the bar tendress. It was super, accompanied by some ice cream of course. All in all, the food was just what I was looking for.
Watching the Stanley Cup finals on one TV, and the SF Giants game on the other (I'm an A's fan, but whatever), conversation at the bar became active, as those of us at the bar (all guys) became fast friends. I was the only one not from the Grass Valley area, and was treated as a local by patrons and restaurant staff alike.
Next year when I go camping to the annual music festival, I will surely return to this restaurant, as well as the Main Street Cafe (for breakfast), a few doors down on Mill Street, in the old part of historic Grass Valley, reviewed here separately.

Grass Valley, California
“Local Hangout”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

When you don't know where to go for dinner the Owl is usually our solution. Locals frequent this place and I will always recommend when someone asks "so where do you go for a reliable meal". In the historic downtown Mill St. area. This old building isn't fancy but that's why us locals love Grass Valley. Hamburgers cooked to perfection. Pasta, seafood and local wines.