“Best apple pie I've ever had!”
Review of Charlie's Cafe

Charlie's Cafe
Ranked #54 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I can't honestly review the entire menu or the restaurant per se. My husband and I went there on a whim only for some dessert while we were traveling. Their only choice of dessert was a sizzling apple pie - so we figured, why not? It is a huge heap of deliciously sweet apple pie with wonderfully flaky crust...all sizzling (and I do mean sizzling) on top of a very hot cast iron pan...and topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. A single serving was more than enough for both of us. Truly not to be missed. If the rest of their food is only half as good as their pie -- then you're in for a treat.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is a basic breakfast/burger/sandwich joint. Food is acceptable for the genre. Prices are also inline with this type of establishment up here. The new owner took over and added a touch of 'Cowboy' whimsy.Matter of fact, I think the 'Angel's' portion has been removed from the name. Pay attention to the guy sitting at the counter in full cowboy regalia and the prints, fixtures and etc. It is only a couple of short blocks from down town which makes it perfect for visitors at any of the local hotels off Main St. This probably qualifies as a good place to eat up here if you want a little local color.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

My husband and I are locals, we have been to Charlies, a couple times in the last two months great food, hearty too.....hadent been in at least 10 years....its becomming a favorite......Bob n Zoe