“Nice little breakfast spot”
Review of Charlie's Cafe

Charlie's Cafe
Ranked #53 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Cozy place, great prices, yummy food and friendly service. The pecan waffles are a must!! So tasty. The kitchen was way backed up when we came in, but the servers handled it super well... They kept our coffee refreshed and kept letting us know what was happening.
I loved the small breakfast options for smaller appetites, too. Wish all diners had these!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is such a nice little restaurant.the breakfast is your basic but done well and they have very fresh fruit! You can't beat the price and the service has always been great!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having visited for breakfast and lunch, it's safe to say they deliver a consistent product at a fair price. I had the veggie omelette for breakfast and was pleased when it was cooked correctly. The tuna sandwich is good. All the food I've tried in Charlie's is fresh and palatable. The only edge I would like to see corrected in the restaurant is the "irritability factor" in the wait staff. There is almost a feeling of impatience on their part when dealing with non locals. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just stressed because the place stays busy. Regardless, It's not a nice way to start your breakfast. I'll continue visiting Charlie's whenever I'm in Grass Valley. Give it a try.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a great resturant. Truley the only compliant is the hard seats in the booth. Otherwise this resturant has great food and there are alot of servers around to help, you just need ask and they answer with a smile. It is family owned and operated and you can tell. They invest thier care in their restruant.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I've eaten at Charlie's Cafe weekly, for the past 7 years. It has all the things you want in a breakfast. Excellent bisquits and gravy, great omelets, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, and country potatoes. I've eaten across the menu, and I've never been disappointed.

Service is excellent, and you might even get to talk to Jeanne, the owner.

I've also ordered lunch items, at breakfast, and they were very helpful.

Thank alohasteveN.Cali