“GREAT CHINESE BUFFET AND SHUSHI”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: Chinese
rough and ready,ca
“GREAT CHINESE BUFFET AND SHUSHI”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

located off hwy 49 in the K mart center ROYAL DRAGON II offers a fresh all you can eat buffet and sushi; the food is constantly checked by staff . lunch and dinner 11:30 a.m -9:00 p.m. daily.

• Visited August 2013

Grass Valley, California
“Excellent Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was just there last night for dinner. Everything is very fresh and there is a great variety of food including sushi. I love the Walnut Shrimp.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank bjchallice
California
“Disappointing Buffet”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had heard good things about this buffet over the years so I finally decided to give it a try. I went with a friend who regularly eats here with her family. First off I will say the place appeared clean and the service was prompt and friendly during our visit at 6 pm on a week night. We were both somewhat surprised at the price of the dinner buffet which had now increased to over $12 for adults. The buffet itself was clean and stocked, but limited in what they had to offer compared to other buffets in the region. I tried a little of each of the hot dishes. I did not try the sushi. I was surprised and disappointed that most of the food was pretty bland. The seafood dishes had an "off" taste. The potstickers had a very odd flavor, like someone had dumped a lot of vinegar in the pot. The cream cheese crab puffs that I had heard people rave about over the years were not available. I really only could manage a taste or two of each item. My friend was equally surprised at the quality and taste of the food this time around. Since dinner was a bust I thought I could at least get some desert but there wasn't much to offer in that respects either.

The end result was that this was the first time I have left a buffet really hungry. The friendly and attentive staff can't make up for bad food so I won't be back. Maybe it was a bad day in the kitchen since the place does have a good reputation in town, my suggestion would be to first try it out for lunch rather than pay the dinner price.

• Visited December 2012