“Awesome Pesto Garlic Fries!”

Big A Rootbeer Drive In
Ranked #16 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Jump back to the 50's. This place has the old school car window service. The menu is very big, though some items may be a little over price. I ordered the mushroom cheeseburger and shared pesto garlic fries with my wife. Those fries were awesome. I'll be back for just those. The burger was ok, but messy. I mean real messy. Kids had fun eating outside in beautiful Grass Valley, Ca. The ladies inside we're all friendly and helpful. Great experience!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Found this place by accident, but we will definitely go back if we're ever in the neighborhood. My husband had the steak lovers burger and I had the Sonoran burger, both of which were very good made with fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection. We also shared a small order of fries which also were very good. I really liked how they were preseasoned. Overall, a very good deal and priced accordingly.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Every time this place changes owners, it gets farther away from being an A+W Root Beer franchise. Which is what it was in the beginning. Don' waste your money !

1  Thank Peter V
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Love love love the food, but the younger generation of employees that work here need some more training in customer service. Understandable, they are young, but boy has the work ethic and attitudes changed over the last 20 years!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Homeade Rootbeer!!!! What more do you need? Awesome burgers, fries, corn dogs. Old school style-Love it! Fun with the kids.