“GOOD FOR MONEY - DONT JUDGE THIS ONE ON OLDER REVIEWS FROM 2 YEARS AGO”
Review of Holiday Lodge

Holiday Lodge
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Reviewed May 18, 2007

Very pleasant stay. Older hotel but very clean and friendly staff! Don't judge this one on reviews from 2 years ago! I was reluctant after reading the past reviews but saw that they were from 2 years ago and also noticed the comments posted by new manager. I was very impressed on the email responses from the manager and the follow up that she did with me. She was very accomodating and made our stay very pleasant. Pool and pool area was very clean and enjoyable. Continental breakfast was 2 cereal selection, some danish, OJ & milk, which was ok, but lots of bread selections and nice selection of teas for the tea lovers. Very cute porch/patio area to enjoy morning breakfast. Rooms had ample seating, lighting, towels, fridge and microwaves too! Better quality toilet paper too, which is unusual for lower priced motels. I discovered no bugs or offensive items either. Only complaint I had was the bed was very hard (older mattress) but not lumpy at all. My mother loved it as she has trouble in softer beds but I did miss my pillow top mattress. However, the manager did state that they have rooms with pillow top mattresses and if I had advised her, she would have moved us to another room. While the hotel could use some sprucing up, you can tell that the management and staff take pride in the hotel. I would definately stay at the Holiday Lodge again when I return to Grass Valley.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wecandothatservices

Reviewed July 26, 2006

We found a pair of dirty underwear in one drawer and a really nasty dirty and crusty wash cloth was lying on the shelf in the closet. In other words, I was not impressed by the cleanliness of the place. The night manager wears a jog bra with no shirt around the hotel office. The Holiday Lodge is located in a truly ugly section of Grass Valley. There is nothing interesting to see or do in the immediate area. Other than that, the place isn't too bad.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank maiavt
holidaylodge, Resident Manager at Holiday Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2006

Dear Eugene, Oregon, The management were never informed of any of your comments. We strive to please everyone and had we been told of the grievance we could have not only corrected them but we could have dealt with the housekeeper who attented to this room. Regarding the location we are on the old historic business 49, the Gold Trail. The new Sierra College and Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital are within walking distance, there are also many businesses close by, and a public golf course across the street. The attractions include The Empire Mine State Park, Tahoe National Forest, the historic towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City and of course, Hwy 49, the original gold miners trail, leading to the beautiful Yuba River. We offer an Historical Tour of most of these areas for just $20 per person. With so much to see and do it is hard to believe anyone could be bored.
Thank you, Janet Douglas, Resident Mgr.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, NV.
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I couldn't believe my eyes driving up to the lodge. It had graffiti on the walls, a few room doors were open I looked inside they were old, dirty, not kept up at all. I went inside to the lobby told them I wouldn't be able to stay here.
When leaving I looked at their pool it had green scum on the bottom and a horrible white flim on top.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded November 12, 2005

I took over in August, 2005 and have been correcting all mistakes and conditions left by previous manager. I invite inspection. We are pleased to be getting many positive comments that we are back where we used to be in maintaining high standards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Midpines, Ca
Reviewed January 31, 2005

My husband and i went to see my aunt that just had a stroke so we went to see her in the hospital and need to stay over night. We stayed 3 hours at the Holiday Lodge in Grass Valley.The room looked like a party room.Black marks on the walls,hairs on the sheets.Yes i do pull them back to check.Sunflower seeds behind the tv. The bathroom had all kinds of mold.The woman in the room 2 doors down was standing there with draps open and naked.I will never go to this Hotel again.I also found a blue pill on the floor under the little table they have in the room.We had the room for 3 hours because we went back and forth to the hospital which was right around the conner from the Holiday Lodge.I told the manager about the room. We payed $70.00 for 3 hours.The room was at the very end of the building right next to garbage cans.Will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Best Western Golden Key
Broad Street Inn
Broad Street Inn
#2 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Holiday Lodge? Share your experiences!