“Nice Property”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Indian Wells, CA
“Nice Property”
Reviewed July 10, 2004

This is a nice property in an area that has a lot of old and run down accomodations. The rooms with mini kitchens are well done, and the conference room gets converted for a continental breakfast and a little snack around 5PM each day. The people are nice and it's a pleasant place.
Not the Ritz, but not bad -- and good for the area.

5 Thank Unicorn777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Gridley, CA
Reviewed April 14, 2004

We recently planned a family 'girls night out' with about 11 of us all gathering from LA to Redding and booked a couple of suites. First of all the suite that I personally stayed in was very large with a full living room, dining room, kitchen , bedroom, huge bathroom (loved the lighted magnified mirror) and an adjoining bedroom complete with its own bathroom. The decor was clean and comfortable, and we had no problem kicking off our shoes and getting toasty by the fireplace. The breakfast was great... fresh fruit, oj, coffee, bagels, pastrys etc.
etc. and the room where the food was located, was very clean, well decorated and set up with small intimate tables perfect for reading the complimentary Sacramento Bee. We all agreed that it was the perfect place for us to have met in Grass Valley and I would personally highly recommend it for small groups and families. We will definitely be back!

8 Thank mnmshadd
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2004

I booked a suite at Courtyard Suites in Grass Valley. When I booked, I was promised a King size bed in the bedroom, and a sofa bed in the living room. I was traveling with my daughter and her friend, so we wanted two separate rooms with beds. When we arrived, I was advised that someone from a wedding party had demanded my room so they could shoot wedding pictures, and it had been given to them. The proprietor advised me there were no rooms left with separate room accomodations.
The hotel placed a roll-away in the living room of the suite, but there was nowhere to comfortably put it, and it was more hassle than it was worth. It was too late to book another room as hotels were full due to an event nearby. I ended up spending a lot of money to sleep on the couch. When I checked in, the proprietor indicated they would consider giving me a discount for the inconvenience, after walking me around the facility to physically check for available rooms. When I checked out, there was no discount.

The suite was clean with massive mismatched furniture, but the logistics of the bathroom with multiple doors was difficult. There is a nice pool area and excercise room. Suites come with complete kitchens that feature granite tile countertops and floors, pots and pans and utensils, so you can cook during your stay.The breakfast was fair with fruit and pastries, but it contained no cold cereal and hot water for tea couldn't be found. They don't provide tea bags in the room either.
They do have a microwave. On a scale of 1 to 5, the breakfast rated a 2.

I can't say this was the worst experience I've had, but I did not see this accomodation as a value. It was the most I've spent for the luxury of sleeping on a couch. In the past, when I've booked a room, I got what the establishment promised.

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2004

I found this place by accident and I was pleasantly surprised at the first class accomodations and very friendly staff. I stopped at another place in town and it was just another crummy motel. I asked if there was anything nicer in town and the lady showed me how to get to North Auburn St. Well she was doing me a huge favor because this hotel is absolutely stunning. Danielle at the front desk showed me a room and 2 suites which looked like they should be in New York or Chicago....not what I expected for Grass Valley. The property is only 2 years old and they spared no expense. They are pet friendly, too!!!

• Stayed March 2004, traveled on business
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#5 of 10 in Grass Valley
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Grass Valley Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!