“I will never return!!!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Grass Valley
Oceanside, California
“I will never return!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The rooms were nice. The staff, on the other hand (particularly the girl at the front desk) is not! I made a reservation over the phone for one night. At this point I was never told there was a two night minimum. I was told over the phone that the total was $158 (the price for one night). When I checked My confirmation email the night before my reservation I saw that they had booked me for two nights: the night before and the day I requested. When I asked about this I was then told that there's a two night minimum. Nonetheless when I got here at 10:30 AM the room that I was booked for the night before wasn't available. It wasn't available until almost 2 PM; an hour before official check in. When I checked out the next day they actually tried to charge me for three nights. I of course complained and they changed it to two but refused to only charge me for one. When I pointed out that my room was not ready when we got here at 10:30, the girl at the desk claimed someone was staying in our room the night before. The room that we paid for and had reserved! I will never return! Neither should you. There's a few other hotels in town; stay there instead!

• Stayed August 2013
12 Thank Behaa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed here while attending my son's wedding. I can not say enough good about it. The room I stayed in was immaculate, and it was a pleasant surprise for the amount of room and comfort they offered. The breakfast was outstanding. They offered fresh fruit every morning which included blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. The staff were both pleasant and helpful. The location was within walking distance to the downtown and many good restaurants. They also offered a pool and fitness area. I would stay there any time.

Room Tip: Room 3020 is fabulous
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lassiegirl402
San Ramon, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked 5 rooms at the hotel for a wedding. They were very accommodating as we had requested early check in. Staff was very nice and the hotel is in a great location. The rooms are large, well set up and the beds are super comfy (temperpedic). Good breakfast in the morning with a personal waffle maker (he makes them to order!). I would love to come back to this part of Grass Valley and stay for longer. This would definitely be the place we would stay. Also, we left in such a hurry I forgot my favorite pillow that I had taken along. They are shipping it back to me! Great customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rena0109
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owners, Kathy & Steve make you feel like "Family."

Their staff - Sara, Danielle & Kevin are so accommodating. Ask a question and they'll give or get you the answer.

The rooms are comfortable and always clean. Breakfast is a treat not to be missed. We've been coming to the Grass Valley Courtyard for almost 10 years and it seems like it was just yesterday that we found it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ray P
Rye, NY
Reviewed June 10, 2013

When you first enter the grounds, the complex looks small and cramped, but this impression is so wrong. The design makes great use of space and provides private and quiet rooms. The staff is very helpful with planning activities and finding restaurants, and the entire place is spotlessly clean. The breakfast is excellent with lots of fresh fruits and made to order waffles. There's also an evening wine reception with snacks. Overall, it's a great place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jj435Rye
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was the second time I stayed here. Chose the same room (5020). Ground floor and parking directly in front. Clean room, comfortable bed, friendly staff, and great location. Breakfast was good, but did not have any sausage or bacon.
Easy walk to downtown Grass Valley.
I wouldn't say the price was a bargain, but fair. I was charged a T&M fee each night, and have no clue what that was for.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laity
Roseville, California, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this hotel for 3 nights and four days. The internet photos do not do this place justice! As a licensed Travel Agent, I received no discount except for my AAA card. I have traveled to many different city's and stayed in many hotels. We stayed in the queen suite and were amazed. This room is approx 900 sq ft. It has a fireplace, TV in Family Room, separated by a sofa is a full size dining room table, a full kitchen with a refrigarator, Oven, Stove, Microwave, 3 seperate climate Zones, a seperate bedroom with another TV, 2 climate zones, lots of closet space, a huge vanity with 2 seperate sinks, all toiletries you can imagine, a seperate bath and shower combined. This is just the room! They also offer a pool,spa, day spa services, a full gym, continental breakfast with HEALTHY FOOD like all types of fresh fruit, juices, cereal. Evening offers wine tasting and other goodies. The room was well decorated with nova foam mattress beds. I could actually live here!!

My name is Daniel Olsen and I am a licensed Travel Agent. CST- 2055171-40. You may call me at 805-210-1060 on my cell for further information.

Room Tip: Always pick the second floor. Ask for a queen suite and spend a few dollars more per night. You are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Best Western Golden Key

Been to Grass Valley Courtyard Suites? Share your experiences!