“An awesome Family Vacation Spot”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Nomad House

Dining Area
Master Bedroom
Pool
Deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

John S
“Are You Kidding???”
Reviewed October 16, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked this property through FlipKey (FK)/TripAdvisor in February of 2015 for a 4 night stay in October. I exchanged emails with the property owner and even had one phone call with him to verify how many I was expecting. We were all coming up to attend a family wedding and the house was to accommodate my family as well as the families of my two older sisters. I forwarded to the owner the FK confirmation/receipt for the rental at that time.
About one week prior to our arrival I emailed the owner again to get the entrance directions as well as the actual address. he emailed me back asking who exactly I was. I informed him that I had rented the property and again forwarded him my confirmation from FK. The owner then informed me that he already had it rented to someone else. I then told him that I had rented it in February and that he and I had exchanged emails and a phone call to verify that fact.
He apologized, but said that he was not going to honor the rental. I was stuck with no lodging for three families with only one weeks notice. Needless to say I was very, very disappointed and angry.
FK was not helpful in this issue at all. They basically said "too bad, so sad".
End of my relationship with both.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Ca

A romantic getaway
Albany CA
Reviewed May 10, 2012 for a stay in November 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing