“Delish BBQ and mac n cheese!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nevada City, California
“Delish BBQ and mac n cheese!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

What can I say? I love Smiley Guys! I love the openness of the place, has outdoor patio too ( patio is dog friendly) I often stop in for a bite before I pick my daughter up from school ( next door to school) They also offer the students of the charter school free drinks which is a service most don't offer! Good meat, Uncle Jessies Chicken is great, goood choice of BBQ sauces and sides. Good alcoholic beverage selection! Go Smileys!

• Visited April 2013

Grass Valley, California, USA
“Yum! BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lunch out with friends - this is a fun casual place to go. The TriTip is amazing and lots of tasty sides to choose from. We really liked the selection of sauces to choose from. This is a very casual family friendly place to go. Prices were very reasonable. Beer and wine available. For those beer drinkers - a very large selection to choose from. We will definately go back for more.

• Visited January 2013
Grass Valley, California
“Awesome BBQ!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is great! The staff is always helpful and they don't mind substitutions. We always get the pulled pork nachos they are fantastic, but we started having them make them with their sweet potatoe chips and it is so yummy. They have a wonderful beer selection as well as sauce selection. Watch out for the raging monkey sauce it is HOT! It is a very family friendly place & they just made some patio seating outside.

• Visited November 2012
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Went there for the first time and all 3 of us got the pulled pork sandwich was very good! Woe go back again. The restaurants atmosphere is great of your lOkking for a sports bar atmosphere and also great for family's! Go there it's wonderful(:

Grass Valley, California, United States
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I took my wife and our kids to Smileys Guys a couple of weeks ago and overall I was not impressed. I like how their menu is set-up in three steps. Pick your meat, type of platter/plate & sides etc. The prices were about right and the man at the cash register was very friendly and nice. I ordered an iced tea to drink and when I grabbed a lemon to add to my drink it was covered with mold. There was no sugar, instead there was a bottle of simple syrup. My wife ordered a glass of wine that she had to ask for and when her food arrived they forgot the coleslaw. She had to literally track somebody down to get it.
My brisket was good, but had no "Wow" factor. The beans tasted like black pepper & not much more. The coleslaw was average and the mac-n-cheese was over seasoned with fresh herbs. On a positive note the tritip was killer and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Visited August 2012