“A Wedding Rehearsal Dinner to Remember”
Review of Holbrooke Hotel

Holbrooke Hotel
Ranked #35 of 112 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We held a wedding rehearsal dinner for 40 people, at the Holbrooke Hotel's newly remodeled banquet facilities, five days ago. I was absolutely thrilled with the whole experience. The staff was easy to work with, and graciously took all my semi-hysterical last minute phone calls with understanding and professionalism. They worked with me to help plan the menu and the decor which both turned out exactly as I'd hoped. They worked, completely behind the scenes, to solve a problem that arose with one of their suppliers, without even letting me know. One of the servers came up to me at the beginning of the party and introduced herself letting me know she was there for me if I needed anything. And she was! They made it all happen for us. And with all the great things I could say about the setting, the people and the service, the BEST thing was the food! We had a buffet dinner with three entrees, one of which was the best carved Roast Beef that I've ever had at a banquet...maybe anywhere. The kitchen is only steps away from the Banquet room so things can be moved quickly from oven to table so items are the right temperature, not dried out and done to perfection. We had the Chicken Piccata and the Salmon medallions in addition. Both wonderful. The side dishes and fruit tarts for dessert were GREAT. The room lighting was just the right amount. Not glaring but everyone could see to eat. We paid exactly what we expected and the Holbrooke and it's staff have our gratitude for making this an evening to remember. I have no connection with this venue in any way, other than to live in the same town and to be an extremely satisfied customer. I will use them again and recommend them to my friends.

1  Thank Bonnie B

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had salads in the bar for lunch, everything was fresh and it tasted great on a hot summer day. The dinner with an elderly friend was in the more formal dining room. The food was well prepared. I had the duck breast with a delightful sauce, my wife had the salmon, and our friend had a small steak. The wait service was very good. The assistant manager opened helped our friend out a usually locked door so she wouldn't have to go down the step to the street. The staff couldn't have been more gracious.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had the rib eye steak and loved it, The soup was clam chowder super good. patio was in full bloom. great service.

1  Thank Isaac G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had to travel to the little town of Grass Valley for a family function and it happened to fall on our 44th wedding anniversary. A search for a nice restaurant came up with "The Restaurant at the Holbrooke Hotel". The menu looked interesting so we gave it a go. The building itself is on the National Historic Register, dating back to the 1880s. The meal was superb! Hot fresh bread served with sun dried tomato and roasted red pepper compound butter started it off. The wine list was diverse enough to offer a nice pairing for most all tastes. My chicken and portobello mushroom risotto was outstanding and the wife thoroughly enjoyed her shrimp scampi. Portions were very large and being that we were on the road, so to speak, it was a shame that we couldn't take the leftovers with us. Pricing is very reasonable. Our entrees were less than $20 apiece.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was not that great and the wait time was horrid. The service was almost not there. Love the building and outdoor area.