“Best warm spinach salad ...dare anyone to top it. Delicious!!”
Review of South Pine Cafe

South Pine Cafe
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Best warm spinach salad ...dare anyone to top it. Delicious!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy going to Grass Valley's South Pine Cafe, sitting at the quiet bar and having an ice tea and a warm (wilted) spinach salad with chicken in it. I forgo the garlic herb toast always and sit back , read the newspaper or read my book group's most recent novel...reading a really good one now!
On all counts So Pine is great for what I want to do...relax, be mostly alone and eat healthy food and enjoy it!

• Visited August 2014

San Diego, California
“Breakfast great... Service slow”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Great lobster scramble, but unfortunately the service was extremely slow. There was one waitress for the entire restaurant and it took us 45 minutes to get our breakfast. The waitress was very friendly but that's a little ridiculous. So if you don't mind waiting for your food, this is a good breakfast or lunch spot.

Roseville, California
“Nice place to meet for late breakfast”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

A friend who lives in rural (not downtown) Grass Valley, suggested South Pine Cafe as a place to meet for one in our series of breakfasts-with-serious-conversation. I got there way early, since I trusted Google Map's drive time, which was WAY off. But I was offered a table and coffee, no problem. The greeter was proficient, if not effusive.

The table's waitperson was terribly friendly and helpful. I checked the menu, decided what to have and then I read for a while. When he friend arrived we ordered right away. I had a standard menu item, huevos rancheros. The friend went through a litany of items he wanted. No problem.

Food arrived after a reasonable wait (reasonable for a couple of retired guys enjoying conversation, maybe not for someone needing to hurry back to the office). My huevos rancheros were on the "healthy" side - brown rice, for starters. The breakfast potatoes were a little disappointing (big and chunky, and had been on the grill, it seemed, for quite a while). Coffee was fine, neither thin nor thick and bitter.

Not the greatest breakfast ever, but certainly a place I'd return to. Even though we left about 11 am on a Monday, the place was busy.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LarryM708
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Brefkfast”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a amazing place for breakfast, was in grass valley and found ts place. All three breakfast entrees we ordered were fantastic. They have good side orders side orders add up fast...a side of toast and potato pancake

• Visited February 2014
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Grass Valley two days and ate breakfast here twice. Had super sampler, blackstone benedict and lobster scramble. Every bit was exquisite. Everything was homemade from hollandaise sauce to condiments on the table. I have never seen homemade ketchup and it was so tasty with the home fries that came with the meal. Staff is very friendly and service was fast. It was clean and inviting and the decor featured local artists on the wall. Definitely will be back when in thr area.

• Visited July 2014