Best Western Gold Country Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
View Hotel
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
View Hotel
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
Holbrooke Hotel(Grass Valley)
National Hotel(Nevada City)
  • Restaurant
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
View Hotel
Sierra Mountain Inn(Grass Valley)
Stagecoach Motel(Grass Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernsgrocery storenevada cityan older hotelstores and restaurantsroom was cleanbaconwafflesoff the highwayin townfront desk staffplace to stayfresh fruitbakerypetsdoglodging
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stated here for one night while visiting family in the area. Pets are allowed- we didn't travel with ours, but good to know!

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good, possibly the best complimentary hotel eggs I've had. The room was a little small, only really a problem at 7:00 when everyone seemed to be hungry all at once.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank singandstuff
Teniah M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Gold Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We are sorry that your last stay was not top of the line, I assure you your next stay will be better. We are extending our breakfast area so it will not be so compacted. We are upgrading all our rooms with new televisions and are continuing to stay pet friendly! I recommend requesting a downstairs room for your next stay, either through us or online, we do not guarantee requests but they are always taken into account.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We wanted a room on ground level my wfie had a hip replacement in October and threw her hip out 10 days prior to the stay. The toilet was so low that my wife threw her hip out at the motel. She was taken to the hospital to have it put back in. I called the motel to see if they had a room with a taller toilet. The desk informed me that they didn't have one at the time, and book me into the Holiday Inn. they were able to negociate the same price as I paid at Best Western. The desk clerk was very nice and accomedating. Koudos to the employees that help us at this stresful time. And yes we still prefer Best Western over all motels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank JOHN D
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything was as expected except unexpectedly received warm cookies upon check-in! Have stayed in Nevada City many times and this will be my permanent Nevada City motel. Good breakfast and very satisified with everything else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fiftystatesevenconts
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We travel a lot with our dog and really understand when a place is dog friendly. This place is...lots of grass, even offered us doggie bags at the front desk. The Inn is located on a side street without a lot of traffic, so easy to talk the dog for a nice long walk. We got the exact room we wanted, and only $20 charge for the dog. Rooms were very nice and clean, pool area is small, but, inviting. Breakfast had a good selection, including scrambled eggs and sauage patties, much more than the typical continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with numbers from 170-180 are away from the freeway and the main entrance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a good choice for my weekend in grass valley and Nevada city. The motel was right off the freeway and easy to locate. But it was also quiet. Staff was friendly and efficient and my room was clean and ready when I arrived. Breakfast was generous if not exactly gourmet. I will stay the again on my next trip to the Gold Country.

Room Tip: I was on the lower floor and could hear a little noise from above but not enough to bother me.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo