Best Western Gold Country Inn
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
$184
Hotels.com
Grass Valley Courtyard Suites(Grass Valley)
$180
Coach N Four Motel(Grass Valley)
$80
$90
Stagecoach Motel(Grass Valley)
$86
Holbrooke Hotel(Grass Valley)
$124
Sierra Mountain Inn(Grass Valley)
$120
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
$99
$96
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
$80
$78
Travelocity
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
$129
$125
All reviewsbest westernsgrocery storenevada cityan older hotelstores and restaurantsroom was cleanbaconwafflesoff the highwayin townfront desk staffplace to stayfresh fruitbakerypetsdoglodging
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The room was really small and over-crowded with outdated furnishings. This place is an older hotel, needs some TLC. Right next to the police station, so I felt safe. Front desk personnel weren't very friendly. If you're a pet lover, this is the place for you. I saw a lot of dogs staying at this hotel with their owners. The location is good and within walking distance to other restaurants and convenience stores. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable enough for one night. Stayed upstairs and had to go up and down the stairs, no elevators. Didn't try the free breakfast, but there is a nice breakfast place across the street which I'd highly recommend if you decide to stay. The hotel to me was over-priced for what you get. Beware I left a few items in the room because was in a big hurry to check-out, called a day later to see if housekeeping could put my things aside or send them to me. Unfortunately, I had to call 3 times and left messages, on the 4th try someone actually stayed on the line with me and helped me, but only to tell me that housekeeping didn't see my $80 blouse and phone charger. Oh well, it looks like I'll never see those things again. Don't leave anything behind, you'll never get them back!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ssevargas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Clean, reasonably priced, comfy. Decent continental breakfast although the breakfast room is small.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Checkin was a breeze. Nice front staff. Received chocolates after I checked in. They even had cookies and coffee in the lobby. Room was spacious and clean. It was a two bedroom room with two TVs. They had flat screen TVs. We were in the area to see snow up in Boreal/Donner Summit. We'll definitely stay at this hotel again if we're in the area. Paulette's Kitchen (across the street) was great for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed one night in off season for $71 in a large king bed room with a sofa. It is easily accessible from the freeway, but there are no tourist site in walking distance. The charming old town centers of Grass Valley and Nevada City are near by car.
They have an excellently equipped fitness center and a good breakfast with hot food. The day we were there it was french toast with sausage and/or bacon. There were also the usual hot/cold cereals, breads, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, etc. They were kept well-stocked.
The reception staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly, offering us warm cookies any time we wanted them in the afternoon or evening. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed for two nights for a local event. Rooms were clean, quiet and affordable. In a tourist town where rooms during tourist season or a local event such as a Scottish Festival go for $160-$225/night +10% tax, rooms at this hotel are typically $90-120. Location is near shops and not far from the the downtown areas of Grass Valley and nearby more historic Nevada City. Breakfast 6-10am is good but not spectacular. Complimentary local newspaper, coffee/tea all day. Staff is helpful and efficiently made an adjustment to our reservation that actually saved us money. Good access to and from local freeway.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple