“a decent repast”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Kane's calls itself a "family restaurant," but don't let that dissuade you. The interior dining room has a surprising casual elegance, and the food is satisfying if not particularly memorable. All the basic food groups -- meat, chicken and fish -- are represented, along with a plethora of salads. Portions are generous, and there is a good selection of wines to help wash things down. The night we dined, the manager was pulling double duty owing to a staff shortage and did yeoman's work without ever being less than courteous. Only drawback was the lack of people to bus tables, which resulted in tables on both sides of it remaining uncleared throughout our meal -- not the most appetizing of views.

1  Thank Kirk E

Reviewed June 21, 2014

A friend took me to Kane's Family Restaurant for my birthday. We had lunch on their patio in front. It was pleasant outside and quiet. My crab salad sandwich with a small fruit salad was very good, and the waitress was friendly. The price was reasonable even though I wasn't paying. I would recommend Kane's.

1  Thank guest3773
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ordered Big Boy Chopped Salad, no bacon, dressing on side. I am not picky, but when you give me my salad with bacon, and happily explain that the dressing was tossed in with the salad.,..well, not too happy.This is the second time I did not get what I ordered. Also bummed because it was the only restaurant with no cork fee on your first bottle. Tonight $15.00 miss the Old days

2  Thank wanderlustitalian
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've had great burgers at Kane's. Full of ambience, energy, always enjoy the atmosphere.
The only trouble is that the food is sometimes great, sometimes not so good.
We keep going to Kane's though, as the burgers are always great. It's the main dishes that are somewhat spotty.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Kane's is our restaurant of choice in Grass Valley-- consistent good food and service. The patio outside is the place to meet and greet friends. The staff is very personable and professional.