“Don't order a steak at this steak house” 1 of 5 bubbles

Kane's Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 105 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
brea
“Don't order a steak at this steak house”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you want to feel unappreciated for your business & spending your hard earned money this is the place to go. Don't even try & comment on your food or service because you won't get an appology you'll just get an excuse. Terrible won't return Sizzler is better than this place.
I do have to say the waitress tried her best & only did has she was told by mgt & owner.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank vmm_13

Grass Valley, California
“The Worst Experience not even worth 1 rating”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Don't wast your time or money at Kanes Restaurant. The service is awful and the owner is worst. John Kane is the rudest man we've ever met. They couldn't handle a party of 8 people! We never got served our food and Waited 2 hours only for the waitress and owner John Kane to tell all of us to leave. The only thing we got there is alcohol which they charged us at the bar for (spent $100)The waitress brought us oil for our bread which we never got bread and had to get up and serve ourselves. She brought us our salad after 1 hour took our order and never came back. Between 8 of us we spent $1000 for a Holiday Inn Express New Years Eve package that included Kanes Fine Dining. Never got served and worst part is the owner John Kane never appologized he even pretended he wasn't John Kane,. Sorry John, I've met you several times, it's a small town. The waitress and Manager's excuse was that they only have 6 cooks and a small kitchen. Then why overbook reservations. THE WORST NEW YEARS EVER. I will never recommend this restaurant to anybody. I actually gave them a second change after the 1st time i ordered a salad and the dressing was bad. Made me sick all day. Do not waste your money. I recommend the Owl in Grass Valley. Nice people and excellent food. I wish we can take back last night!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank vincent o
Grass Valley
“Good all around.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Varied menu. Nice live music. Prices OK. Open later than most restaurants in town. Outside patio is great! Love it in the summer.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
california
“Varied menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Had an early dinner before strolling thru the Cornish Christmas. Service was friendly. I enjoyed being able to order a sandwich while my husband could have a dinner. They were out of the French dip, so I tried the hamburger. It was good...nothing exceptional. My husband's steak was good. The servers seemed to recommend everything, but really thought the fish was exceptional that evening. We were so glad we didn't order any of the fish dishes. Several tables around us did & and the VERY strong fish smell when their dinners were delivered was not very appetizing. The atmosphere was lacking...loud...tables very close together.

Penn Valley CA
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Kane's has been my favorite restaurant in Grass Valley for several years. However, after lunch there yesterday, no more. I ordered the Kane's Burger, my favorite, from the regular menu (not the Lunch Menu). Not what it used to be. They should look again at that which is served at Original Joe's in SF. The french fries were standard frozen, not the fat, crisp fries they used to serve. A green salad consisted mostly of chunks of romaine, topped by a watery blue-cheese dressing. A far cry from a medly of greens that was formerly served. Service was apathetic even though the restaurant was not crowded. What a shame.

• Visited December 2012