“Something different in Grass Valley? Yes! Homestyle Chilean Cuisine!”
Review of Diego's Restaurant

Diego's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: Chilean, Latin, South American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 2002, Diegos has connected cultures and community through an escape into the Latin flavors of the Lower Americas, where our recipes are prepared daily in their traditional style. From the warm, house-made bread rolls and fresh crepes to our decadent desserts and fantastico weekend specials, we consciously source natural ingredients that are friendly to the environment. This includes free-range, grass fed, sustainably raised proteins and local organic produce. By operating with love, gratitude and a professional personal touch, we enjoy providing a colorful, comfortable setting where our guests are able to create and share memorable experiences together.
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is a small eatery, but they are building an exterior patio. The decor is eclectic and charming. The hostess is the chef/owner's daughter and is delightful. Daily specials change and can include Chilean lamb dishes, fish and they are great. Particularly if you get tired of the same sterile production foods we seem to get up here. Ask the hostess what she suggests and do have a glass of real sangria. Can also suggest the deserts, rich in coconut. A very different restaurant for our area.

Reviewed March 13, 2009

The food was okay. I have been there twice and had vegetarian dishes both times. The food had strange textures (made me feel a little barfy going down!) Their vegetables were burnt to a crisp and crunchy, which I personally think is really gross. Maybe this is just the way Chilean food is!

On another note, the last time I went to Diego's on my last day of 9th grade (June 2008), the musician that was in the bar was really drunk and hassling me...not something I would like to happen! They should not be allowed to come into work drunk and then flirt with underage girls that want nothing of them!!!!!!!!! YUCK!

Needless to say, I have not been back !!!! :P If you want to be sexually harassed, go to Diego's, if not stay home or give your $$$$ to another restaurant. Who knows, perhaps they fired that icky guy....

Even if they did, I am never going back.

Reviewed February 7, 2009

My husband and I have eaten here several times. It is very consistant and a delicious spot!! The waitstaff & owners are friendly and always welcome you with a smile....no attitude. The tacos on Thurs are yummy and some of the other Chilean specialty dishes are fabulous (just can't remember what it is called-like a Chilean burrito). It is off the beaten track a bit, but worth the extra walk from downtown or just drive straight up to the door.

Reviewed October 10, 2008

I worked with June (the owner) this past summer to plan a fantastic birthday celebration (with 24 guests) for my mother's 90th, at Diegos in their new banquet room. June was wonderful to work with, I really didn't need to stress about any details because she had it all together. The menu she came up with was perfect, the food excellent, and very high-quality, and the price incredibly fair. If you like grilled fish, meats and vegetables with a Chilean flair, then you'll like Diegos (the empanaditas were fabulous). June went above and beyond to create a memorable party for our gang and her staff provided just the right amount of service without impeding the merrymaking. Thank-you so much, June.