“Best Mexican Food in Nevada County”

Maria's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Grass Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Maria’s has been serving fresh Mexican food to loyal locals and visitors alike in Downtown Grass Valley since 1992. We pride ourselves on offering you a comfortable setting where you will enjoy our authentic Mexican cuisine. Our dishes are prepared fresh daily using family recipes created in Mexico and handed down through the generations. We feature daily specials - ask when you visit!Our outdoor patio and round cantina are very popular with our loyal local fans. Come to Maria's - The closest you can get to Mexico without a passport!
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I love Mexican food!! After moving here, it took awhile to find the right place. Maria's is it. There combinations are huge and delicious. Go, you won't regret it.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We went to Maria's for dinner and sat outside in the patio area. We received excellent service and ordered two margaritas, a tostada and quesadilla. The food was delicious. I wasn't very impressed with the margaritas as they were a bit weak. However, when I visit Grass Valley in the future, I would definitely eat at Maria's again.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've been eating breakfast at Maria's at least once a month since they first started serving it a few years ago. They only serve breakfast on weekends - I and a friend always show up on Sundays and we're usually the first folks in the restaurant. As they do for all their meals - they start us with chips and salsa. They are always good. The salsa is made in-house and it is my favorite salsa served by any local Mexican eatery. The chips are also good. Still a bit warm when they get to the table and invariably crispy - they are a good starter. I believe I've tried most of the entree's on the breakfast menu, except the "American" items. All are delicious and are consistantly so. My favorites are the Machaca and the Beef Chicana Omelette. The portions are good-sized and are served with your choice of beans and a salad garnish - which usually includes a bit of fresh fruit. The coffee is good and the cup is kept full. The food arrives in a timely manner and the wait staff is always attentive, friendly, and accomodating. The restaurant is clean and in good repair. The decor is a pretty fair semblence of authentic Mexican. The check for two breakfasts usually comes in just under $30 including two coffees. Not the cheapest breakfast in town - but one of the best.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Loved our friendly server! Our booth in the bar was cozy and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Prices were very reasonable

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The server never checked back to see if our food was okay. We had to flag down the bus person for more chips and salsa. Someone else brought out our food and we had to get more beverages from her. So why are we expected to TIP the waitress? I had to get up get my own to go box. We could hear the employees in the back talking but no one to be seen until low and behold here comes this young female with a skirt so SHORT that you could see her butt:( I come to eat dinner at what I thought is a family restaurant not a possible strip club. VERY distasteful. This was 8:45pm on a friday night and they only had 4 tables so there is no reason that we should have not had SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank MathesonL